Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruben Gutierrez - Texas Death Row

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsicles View Post
    Thank God. Now they can set a new date and they better not screw up this time
    Don’t get your hopes up Bob. He’s in a criminal activists county. As of now, Collin, Dallas, and Tarrant are the only non criminal activists counties left in Texas.

Here’s the article

Stay of execution lifted for inmate convicted of fatally stabbing Brownsville woman

BROWNSVILLE (CBS 4) — The Court of Criminal Appeals has lifted the stay of execution for a death row inmate convicted of fatally stabbing a Brownsville woman.

Ruben Gutierrez has been on death row since 1999 after being convicted for the murder of Escolastica Harrison.

According to a release, the court denied a post-conviction DNA test and lifted the stay of execution for Gutierrez.

Execution for Gutierrez was previously set for Oct. 30, 2019. However, due to a clerical error on behalf of the Cameron County District Clerk, a stay of execution was ordered on Oct. 11, 2019, said the release.

Gutierrez then filed a motion to request DNA testing. The release says the court found Gutierrez did not meet the requirements to be entitled to DNA testing.

According to the release, a new date of execution will be requested for Gutierrez on Thursday. A new potential execution date could be scheduled as early as June.

“We hope to see justice is done for the Harrison Family, including Escolastica’s sister, whose anguish has spanned the 22 years since her death,” said Cameron County District Attorney Luis V. Saenz in the release.

https://valleycentral.com/news/local...ath-row-inmate

Sounds like the Cameron County DA wants him gone
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

The Cameron County DA could set an October date. A culmination of numerous clerical errors and subsequent stays is beyond ridiculous. Gutierrez is going to Huntsville in the fall.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Only another clerical error can save Gutierrez now, but I don't think Cameron County DA could afford a shame like this for his own career's sake.

Other than that, he has literally nothing else left, the DA wants him gone and the court will likely set a summer date. Ruben Gutierrez won't survive 2020, that's for sure.

Gutierrez has received an execution date of June 16, 2020

https://twitter.com/keribla/status/1...646989313?s=21

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Senior Member Frequent Poster NanduDas's Avatar
    Honestly I don’t even think I’ll be mad if they manage to bungle this one too. It would be purely comical at that point.
    "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." -Theodore Roosevelt

He’s in a criminal activists county don’t expect him to be executed. Even though the DA wants him dead the warden, clerk, etc. They will make sure they have the paperwork messed up for his execution date.
    Last edited by Neil; 03-02-2020 at 04:51 PM.

They better not for the sake of their own careers. I’ve read that Gutierrez is one of the most hated murderers from Cameron County and people will be pissed if he’s not executed this time

Barring any stupidity, I believe Gutierrez will be executed as scheduled, considering Randall Mays wasn’t stayed because of Coronavirus

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information