Thread: Death Penalty Off the Table for David Martin Pyle In 2021 AR Christmas Eve Stabbing

Death Penalty Off the Table for David Martin Pyle In 2021 AR Christmas Eve Stabbing

David Martin Pyle

Suspect identified in fatal Christmas Eve. stabbing in Fayetteville

39-year-old David Pyle allegedly pulled a knife from his car during a altercation with another man and began stabbing the victim several times.

Author: 5NEWS Web Staff

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The Fayetteville Police Department has released new details about a deadly stabbing on North College Avenue early morning Christmas Eve in a parking lot.

Just before 1 a.m. Friday, Dec. 24, officers responded to 1889 North College Avenue for a disturbance between two men. Once on scene, officers located a 30-year-old man with stab wounds to his body.

According to a preliminary report released by Fayetteville PD, witnesses at the scene described a fight between two men following an argument. The suspected stabber, identified as 39-year-old David Pyle, allegedly pulled a knife from his car during the altercation and began stabbing the victim several times. Pyle then reportedly fled the scene in the same vehicle he retrieved the knife from.

Officers rendered aid to the victim, and EMS transported him to an area hospital where he died from his injuries.

Surveillance video from the area matched witnesses' statements about the fight.

Springdale officers located Pyle at his home on Hemlock Pl in Springdale. The preliminary report states that when officers tried to contact Pyle at his home, he barricaded himself inside, refusing to exit. Pyle then started live streaming on social media, saying he "would not go back to prison."

Pyle is accused of firing a weapon inside his home during negotiations with the police. Pyle is forbidden from owning a firearm due to a prior conviction.

The preliminary report does not detail how officers were able to remove Pyle from his home.

Pyle is now being held at the Washington County Detention Center on a $500,000 bond and faces a capital murder charge and unlawful firearm possession.

Stay with 5NEWS for updates on this developing story.

https://www.5newsonline.com/amp/arti...6-6b13ce8fa6d6
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Springdale man pleads not guilty to capital murder in fatal Fayetteville stabbing

by Ron Wood

FAYETTEVILLE -- A Springdale man pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Washington County Circuit Court to capital murder and other felony charges related to a fatal stabbing in Fayetteville on Christmas Eve.

David Martin Pyle, 39, is charged with capital murder in the death of Cody Tisdell, 30.

Capital murder, if convicted, carries a penalty of death or life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Police were sent about 12:52 a.m. Dec. 24 to 1889 N. College Ave. Officers found Tisdell in the parking lot of a gaming business with stab wounds. First-responders rendered aid, and Tisdell was taken to Washington Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, according to a police report.

Witnesses at the scene said they saw Pyle and Tisdell arguing in the parking lot, the report says. During the altercation, Pyle walked to a car, retrieved a knife and started fighting with Tisdell, who was unarmed, according to the report.

The report says Pyle stabbed Tisdell several times. Pyle got into the car and fled, according to the report.

Surveillance video backed up witness accounts, according to police. On that video, someone can be heard yelling at Pyle to put down the knife. Once Tisdell was stabbed, he ran away from Pyle and fell to the ground, according to the report.

After the stabbing, police said they located Pyle about 2:30 a.m. at his home on Hemlock Place near Tamarack Street in Springdale. Officers spoke with Pyle over the phone about 10:30 a.m., but he refused to come out for several hours.

Pyle live-streamed video on social media during the standoff, during which Pyle said he wouldn't go back to prison, according to police. Police used gas canisters in an attempt to get him out, and Pyle fired a gun in return, police said. Police believe the gun Pyle fired was stolen.

Pyle came out of the home about 7 p.m. but didn't comply with officers' commands, police said. Police used a stun gun to subdue and arrest him.

Pyle also is charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm, theft by receiving, as well as probation and parole violations. Pyle was given an initial court date of June 23 before Circuit Judge Mark Lindsay.

Pyle has an extensive criminal history in Washington County involving burglary, theft, drugs and guns dating back at least a decade. He's been charged with felonies at least 11 times and has had probation or parole revoked multiple times.

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2022/...ty-to-capital/

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Thread Information