Thread: Miscellaneous Books

Miscellaneous Books

So I know there is a section on this site designated for the discussion of books, but it appears to be predominantly (if not entirely) dedicated to books about capital punishment. Granted, this is not bad as this is a capital punishment site.

However, I imagine many people on here would be interested in reading about a variety of books on a wide assortment of topics. I am a voracious reader, and I am assuming many others on here are as well.

So would anyone be interested in a thread for miscellaneous books? There's really no limit - fiction, history, classics, esoteric tomes on advanced scholarly and/or scientific topics, books with an ideological or philosophical bent, etc.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

We talking about the best books? I and my GF probably have about 400 books between use covering just about every issue.

Favorites are about mercs in Africa, Organized Crime and Medieval history.

40K also big fan of.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Best is subjective. The boundaries of what can be posted will be amorphous, as it's a miscellaneous book thread. I have a draft review saved on my computer for a piece of classic literature I read over the fall. Assuming I have the time to make satisfactory editorial touches, I'll post the inaugural review this weekend.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Thread Information