Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quintin Phillippe Jones - Texas Execution - May 19, 2021

Jones has an execution date set for 5/19/21.

https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/death_row...xecutions.html
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Awesome. His appeals have been exhausted for a while now so it’s about time
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

With this execution 18 days away, and the Holy Man malarkey finally resolved, what's everyone's bet on this one actually happening? What's everyone's bets on a bogus stay from the Texas Circus Clowns or a tard card claim prevailing?
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

There is a possibility of a stay for an ID claim or Covid19?. We'll see how this develops or an execution...
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    ‘I’m nothing like that person’: Texas death row inmate makes video plea for clemency

By Ed Pilkington
    The Guardian

The death row prisoner stares into the camera from behind bullet-proof glass, and with a pained expression delivers a message to the Republican governor of Texas, Greg Abbott.

“I know you don’t know me,” Quintin Jones begins. “I’m writing this letter to ask you if you could find it in your heart to grant me clemency, so I don’t get executed on 19 May. I got two weeks to live, starting today.”

The plea from a condemned Black man to one of America’s staunchest advocates of capital punishment must rank as among the more unusual last-minute attempts by an inmate to save their own life. It is made in the form of a four-minute video published in the opinion section of the New York Times, filmed from death row in Livingston, Texas.

As appeals for mercy go, this one is a long shot. In his six years in office, Abbott has only granted clemency once: to a white inmate, Thomas Whitaker.

The Republican-controlled state is gearing itself up as the pandemic lifts for a spree of judicial killings of the sort that have earned it the reputation of being the death penalty capital of the US.

Over the course of the year it plans to carry out five executions including that of Jones, out of a nationwide total of seven.

Despite the odds, Jones makes a spirited case for sparing his life. He talks about how he grew up “in the hood as a Black male” and was taught “to be tough and hard, macho. So yeah I had a messed-up childhood. Yeah, I had drug addiction, alcohol addiction. Yeah I hated myself.”

He was arrested in 1999 for beating his great-aunt Berthena Bryant, 83, to death and stealing $30 to pay for drugs. He was alleged to have been involved in two other murders – for which he has never been charged.

Jones tells the Texas governor he is not the person he was at 20 when he killed his great-aunt, a crime he has admitted.

“I’m nothing like that person,” he says. “I became a man on death row, so now you killing the man, and not the child.”

The prisoner promises that if Abbott shows mercy, he will spend the rest of his natural life in prison bettering himself and others around him.

“The mistakes I made – it’s mistakes, and it’s not something definitely solid about who I am. I wouldn’t be one of those that, you know, in 10, 20 years, you say ‘I regret letting him live.’”

Jones beat his great-aunt to death with a baseball bat she kept for her own protection. His other great-aunt, Bryant’s younger sister Mattie Long, has forgiven him.

Long has also written to Abbott, supporting Jones’s bid for clemency.

“Quintin can’t bring [my sister] back,” she said. “I can’t bring her back. I am writing this to ask you to please spare Quintin’s life.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...h-row-clemency

-5 executions now through November scheduled
    -spree

Pick one. I wish a state would show these clowns a real spree. Barr should have jammed every remaining eligible federal inmate in January and showed em, but that ship sailed long ago.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

ARTICLE 11.071 APPLICATION FOR WRIT OF HABEAS CORPUS DISMISSED WITH WRITTEN ORDER:

MOTION FOR STAY OF EXECUTION DENIED:

https://search.txcourts.gov/SearchMe...6-30d37564370b

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Woah. Is this one actually gonna happen?
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

Crazy and sad that we're all (myself included) talking about a TX execution like a latent state, but here we are.

Does anyone know when the Parole Board is supposed to decide on this? I can't shake the feeling they're going to make the same mistake they made with Whitaker 3 years ago.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information