Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelton Denoria Jones - Texas

Shelton Denoria Jones - Texas

Summary of Offense:

Convicted in the shooting death of Sgt. Bruno D. Soboleski, a Houston police department officer. Soboleski was on a patrol with a civilian observer when he stopped two men in the 6600 block of Calho. The officer searched one of the men and was turning to search Jones when he was shot twice by Jones. Soboleski fell to the street and was shot a third time by Jones as he lay on the pavement. The civilian observer, Linda Logon, was not injured and later indentified Jones as the killer. Soboleski died five days after the shooting.

Jones was sentenced to death in Harris County on January 9, 1992.

Jones was denied a subsequent writ by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals on June 30, 2010.

Opinion is here:

http://www.cca.courts.state.tx.us/OP...PINIONID=19859

On June 11, 2009, Jones filed a habeas petition in Federal District Court.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/tex...v01825/674686/

On April 7, 2011, Jones filed an appeal in the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit over the denial of his habeas petition (concerning his conviction) in Federal District Court.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cir.../ca5/11-70007/

Shelton Jones v. Rick Thaler, Director
    Filed: April 7, 2011 as 11-70007
    Petitioner - Appellee Cross-appellant: SHELTON DENORIA JONES
    Respondent - Appellant Cross-appellee: RICK THALER, DIRECTOR, TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE, CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTIONS DIVISION

Jones is cross appealing the denial of relief as it concerns his conviction. Prosecutors are cross-appealing the relief that was granted in the District Court to get the sentence reinstated.

cheser
    is looking fore a shelton D Jones Huntsville Texas..we wrote together 8 years, before he stopped writing in 2005 i belive it was..been surching fore info about him, when i saw this..been thinking about him very often and wondered if he was still alive..he gave me a pic ogf his one son A`derrius, stil got it in my vallet today..
    believe his prisonnumber was/is 999019

Passed away.
    cheser,

Shelton is still alive and kicking in the Polunsky Unit in Livingston, Texas. You do know he executed a police officer, right? Just curious, did you send money to Shelton during the 8 years you guys wrote?

cheser
    found him in polunsky unit and wrote him, gotta letter from him yesterday..turns out that outer cercumstanses stopped our letters back then..he didn´t get my mail and his letters to me was send back with wrong adress fore no reason...

and YES kknow he´s convicted of shooting a white policeofficer..that DO NOT mean he´s guilty..he told me what he´s convicted off and we never talked about it again..

and no did not send him any money

Passed away.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheser View Post
    and YES kknow he´s convicted of shooting a white policeofficer..that DO NOT mean he´s guilty..he told me what he´s convicted off and we never talked about it again..
    Way to play the race-card, scumpal.

If Sgt. Bruno D. Soboleski had been polka dotted Jones would STILL be on death row. It's Texas after all!
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information