Thread: Gabriel Cortez Peele Sentenced In 2022 NC Murder Of Derek Tyrone Mack

Gabriel Cortez Peele Sentenced In 2022 NC Murder Of Derek Tyrone Mack

Man charged with first-degree murder after body found in burning car in Chapel Hill

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — A man was charged with murder in connection to a body found inside a burning car in Chapel Hill.

Gabriel Cortez Peele, 31, was charged with first-degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, possession of a firearm by a felon, armed robbery and conspiracy improper disposal of a body.

Peele is charged in connection to the death of 34-year-old Derek Tyrone Mack of Raleigh.

Chapel Hill police were called to a report of a burning car on Dickens Court around 4 p.m. on April 13. A 9-year-old boy called 911 to report the car and told dispatchers that he was playing with others when they heard "a great big pop sound" and saw the car in the parking lot on fire.

Police said at the time Peele was charged he was being held at Wake County Detention Center on unrelated charges. Peele remains there without bond.

https://www.wral.com/chapel-hill-pla...0/?version=amp
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 05-26-2022 at 11:20 PM.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Sentenced to 26 years, 5 months for second degree murder on 6/27/23

https://webapps.doc.state.nc.us/opi/...lts&listpage=1
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information