Thread: Eric Trevino Found Not Guilty in 2017 TX Murder Of Rene Blancas Jr

Eric Trevino Found Not Guilty in 2017 TX Murder Of Rene Blancas Jr

‘A hard case to hear’: Capital murder trial begins for man charged in shooting death of 3-year-old boy

Eric Trevino facing death penalty if found guilty

Erica Hernandez, Digital Journalist/Courthouse Reporter

The capital murder trial of a man charged with the shooting death of a 3-year-old boy began on Wednesday.

Eric Trevino is charged with the Nov. 2017 shooting death of Rene Blancas Jr. after allegedly firing a shot into the vehicle Blancas was in with his family.
    “It’s going to be a hard case to hear,” prosecutor David Martin told the jury during opening statements.

Martin laid out the evidence they would be presenting against Trevino including Blancas’ parents identifying Trevino out of a photo lineup and detectives able to match him to the vehicle that was at the scene.

“The day after a press release went out to the news, this defendant brought this car back and tried to return it,” Martin said.

As for the defense they say Trevino is innocent.

According to defense attorney Mark McKay, the area where the shooting happened was poorly lit and would have been impossible for anybody to see who was driving the suspect vehicle.

“What’s really important is the intersection is completely pitch black, there’s not lights anywhere around them,” McKay said.

The defense also pointed out the tattoos all over Trevino’s head and hands. They either say Cadillac or are of the Cadillac emblem. The suggests that he has those tattoos because that is the only car he drives and not a Honda Civic that was identified as the suspect’s vehicle.

Testimony will continue on Thursday.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...outputType=amp
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Testimony reveals relative saw little boy minutes before he was shot on Southwest Side

Eric Treviño on trial for capital murder

Erica Hernandez, Digital Journalist/Courthouse Reporter
    Luis Cienfuegos, Photojournalist

SAN ANTONIO – Testimony from a relative on Thursday revealed that he saw his little cousin minutes before he was shot on the Southwest Side and thought he may have been the initial target of the shooting, not the child.

Rene Blancas Jr., 3, was shot and killed in 2017 after a single gunshot was fired into the vehicle he was in with his family.
    Eric Trevińo was arrested and charged with the murder a little over a month after the shooting.

Jackdaniel Hernandez testified that he saw his cousin Rene Blancas Sr.’s car at a stop sign and pulled up to talk to him and his family, which included Rene Blancas Jr.

He said they talked for about four to five minutes when another vehicle pulled up behind him, and he proceeded to take off. Before leaving, he said he noticed the person in the vehicle had turned off their headlights but didn’t think much of it.

Hernandez found out five minutes later that someone inside the car had been shot, and he believed he may have been the initial target at the time.

Hernandez said he and his wife were going through a divorce and had been arguing that night, and she started sending him threatening texts.

“The text said, ‘I got you. Payback’s a bitch,’” Hernandez testified.

Before the shooting, Hernandez said an acquaintance of his wife had shot at his house and car.

Despite that, the night Rene Blancas Jr. was shot, Hernandez said he couldn’t get a look at the vehicle that had pulled up behind him and couldn’t identify Eric Treviño as the suspect.

The trial will be on recess and resume next Monday morning.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...outputType=amp
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Not guilty verdict for San Antonio man charged in shooting death of 3-year-old boy

Eric Treviño was found not guilty on Wednesday

By Erica Hernandez
    KSAT News

A jury has delivered a verdict of not guilty for a San Antonio man accused in the shooting death of a 3-year-old boy in November 2017.

Eric Treviño was on trial for capital murder after he was charged with fatally shooting Rene Blancas Jr. as he sat near his family inside a vehicle. Blancas died days before his fourth birthday.

Treviño was found not guilty on Wednesday, a week after the trial began.

Police initially said that Treviño fired into the vehicle that Blancas and another child were traveling in with their parents.

At the time of his arrest, Treviño had five felony warrants that were unrelated to the shooting and has since added more felonies on his record. In 2018, he and two other prisoners escaped the Bexar County jail but were caught soon after.

During opening statements, prosecutor David Martin said that Blancas’ parents identified Treviño out of a photo lineup. Detectives were also able to match him to the vehicle that was at the scene, Martin said.

“The day after a press release went out to the news, this defendant brought this car back and tried to return it,” Martin said.

As for the defense, his attorneys said Treviño was innocent.

According to defense attorney Mark McKay, the area where the shooting happened was poorly lit and would have been impossible for anybody to see who was driving the suspect vehicle.

“What’s really important is the intersection is completely pitch black, there’s no lights anywhere around them,” McKay said.

The defense also pointed out Treviño’s Cadillac tattoos and said because of his love for that make of vehicle, he would never have been driving a Honda like the suspect vehicle.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...-year-old-boy/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information