Thread: Death Penalty Pursued for Kurt L. Whitten in 2022 TX Murders of Tomas Alvarado and Jeremiah Ponce

Senior Member CnCP Legend

Death Penalty Pursued for Kurt L. Whitten in 2022 TX Murders of Tomas Alvarado and Jeremiah Ponce

19-year-old accused of fatally shooting 2 men with AK-47 in north Houston arrested, authorities say

By Erica Ponder
    Click2Houston

HOUSTON – A man accused of fatally shooting two men with an AK-47 in north Houston last Wednesday has been arrested, authorities said.

Kurt Whitten, 19, has been charged with capital murder in the shooting deaths of Tomas Alvarado, 26, and Jeremiah Ponce, 20. Whitten’s bond was denied and he is expected to appear in court Thursday.

What happened?

Police said the shooting happened in the 10200 block of Aldine Westfield around 10:11 p.m.

According to HPD, an off-duty Harris County sheriff’s deputy was driving to work when the deputy came up on the scene after the shooting occurred. Arriving officers located the victims with gunshot wounds lying in the roadway near their wrecked car, officers said. Investigators said both Ponce and Alvarado were pronounced dead by emergency officials with the Houston Fire Department.

Police said they believe there was some sort of dispute between the victims and the suspect before the shooting occurred.

The suspect, who was reportedly in a black Ford F-150 pickup truck, caught up to the victims, who were in a white sedan, while going westbound on Parker. Whitten fired numerous shots, fatally striking both men, investigators said. Police said the suspect then fled the scene.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cli...outputType=amp
    Last edited by Steven; 08-04-2023 at 01:22 PM.

The death penalty is apparently being sought against Whitten

https://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edoc...Drvy0dVxb1akc=
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information