Thread: Death Penalty Pursued For Leon Gritz And Christina Manning Gritz In 2021 NV Murder Of Isaiah Gritz

Death Penalty Pursued For Leon Gritz And Christina Manning Gritz In 2021 NV Murder Of Isaiah Gritz

Las Vegas prosecutors seek death penalty for parents charged with 8-year-old’s murder

David Charns

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Prosecutors intend to seek the death penalty in the case against two Las Vegas parents accused of killing their 8-year-old son, court records showed.

Leon Gritz, 29, and Christie Gritz, 29, face murder and child abuse charges for the death of Isaiah Gritz in March 2021.

The parents reportedly staged the murder scene to make it appear the boy committed suicide by drowning himself in the bathtub, police said.

During the investigation, numerous injuries were found on the child’s head and body indicating long-term abuse, investigators said.

“Isaiah was beaten, whipped, stabbed, tortured, and mutilated by the Defendants for an extended period of time up and until his death,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing last week. “The constellation, volume, and extent of Isaiah’s injuries demonstrate the Defendants intended to inflict pain upon him beyond the killing itself and involved a calculated intent to inflict pain for revenge, persuasion, or an otherwise sadistic purpose. The Defendants’ actions altered radically so as to make imperfect Isaiah’s body and constituted mutilation beyond the act of killing.”

The I-Team learned last year that the family had a history with Child Protective Services.

According to the state, two complaints were made about the family in 2019. No action was taken on the first complaint. The second complaint was investigated but found to be unsubstantiated.

A trial date has not been set.

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/las-ve...ds-murder/amp/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    Staging a suicide for anyone, let alone an 8-year-old-child... That is sick AF

Thread Information