Thread: Kevin Nicholas Bruce And Jana Ray Bruce Charged With Capital Murder In 2022 MS Murder Of Kevin Nicholas Bruce, Jr.

Kevin Nicholas Bruce And Jana Ray Bruce Charged With Capital Murder In 2022 MS Murder Of Kevin Nicholas Bruce, Jr.

Couple arrested, charged with capital murder after 7-month-old son’s death

Mike Suriani

PANOLA COUNTY, Miss. (WREG) — A Panola County husband and wife were arrested and charged with capital murder a little more than seven months after the death of their 7-month-old son.

Kevin Nicholas Bruce and Jana Ray Bruce were arrested Friday at their home south of Sardis.

Barbara Wells stands firm in her belief that her grandson Kevin Nicholas Bruce and Jana Ray Bruce could never have caused the death of their son Kevin Nicholas Bruce, Jr., who died on April 30, 2022.

“They did not do nothin’ to that baby. I don’t care what nobody says. I knew them both,” Wells said.

Wells was shocked when authorities came looking for her grandson on Friday.

“I don’t know who they were. I assumed they was some kind of officers and I told them he lived in the trailer. I had no idea they was going to take them right on then,” she said.

Wells said even though the couple lived right next door, she rarely saw the newborn but recalls when she did she felt something just wasn’t right.

“I mean he was ‘filled out’ but he was longer and less weight than most babies seven months. He just…something was wrong with him,” she said.

Wells said the couple has been married for six years and recalls when the infant died.

“They had fed him and put him to bed and Kevin went to check on him a few minutes later, cause he held him a lot and everything, and he went to check on him and he was dead,” she said.

She’s scared to believe the infant was mistreated in any way.

“They think that the baby was mal-nutritioned and he died from …I don’t know,” Wells said.

Now, she calls the baby’s death a test of faith.

“I feel like God was ready to take the child,” Wells said.

The Mississippi Department of Child Protective Services told us it cannot comment on specific cases. We’re told Kevin Nicholas Bruce and Jana Ray Bruce are both scheduled to make their initial court appearance Tuesday morning in Sardis.

https://wreg.com/news/local/couple-a...ons-death/amp/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Do you ever notice that some of these infants starved to death have some of the fattest parents?
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information