Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Blaine Keith Milam - Texas Death Row

The fact Carson was the biological mother makes it worse in my eyes. How can you do something like that to your own flesh and blood, your own baby daughter? That requires a certain level of depravity.

That doesn't excuse Milam's actions however. He's still a complete monster.

AP-76,379 Blaine Keith Milam

Set for direct appeal oral argument on February 15, 2012.

Passed away.
    In today's Texas Criminal Court of Appeals rulings, Milam's conviction and death sentence were AFFIRMED.

BLAINE KEITH MILAM v THE STATE OF TEXAS

Heidi wonders if he will volunteer?

This is a disgusting case! People wonder who is the worst of the worst. Blaine Milam is the worst of the worst. Read the appeal.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Passed away.
    I agree. Read the appeal papers. There are things mentioned in there that were never printed by the MSM.

2 condemned East Texas killers lose appeals

HOUSTON (AP) — The convictions and death sentences of two men for murdering small children in East Texas have been upheld by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.

Blaine Milam was condemned for the 2008 beating death of his girlfriend's 13-month-old daughter at his trailer in Rusk County. Evidence showed the child was bitten some 30 times and beaten with a hammer.

In the second case, 25-year-old Demontrell Miller was sent to death row for the 2008 beating death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son while he was babysitting the boy and his own 5-month-old son at a Tyler apartment complex.

The court Wednesday rejected what attorneys for the convicts said were 20 errors at Milam's trial and 28 at Miller's trial. Neither man has an execution date and both could pursue federal appeals.

http://www.kens5.com/news/153136255.html

Mother of area convicted killer protests appellate court’s decision

The mother of convicted killer Blaine Keith Milam spent Wednesday protesting in front of the Rusk County Courthouse — a month after an appellate court upheld her son’s death sentence.

The May 23 ruling from the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals rejected what attorneys for Milam said were 20 errors made during his trial in 2010.

Milam was sentenced to death for the 2008 beating death of his infant step-daughter.

Shirley Milam said she believes — without a doubt — her son is innocent and did not get a fair trial for the murder of 13-month-old Amora Bain Carson.

“I feel he is innocent. Look where he is now. He would’ve done told me by now,” Milam said. “All he has said to me is ‘Momma, I didn’t do it.’ I know my son, and I know he would’ve done told me by now if he did it.”

Milam contends investigators mishandled evidence and that she should have been allowed to testify about certain incidents. And, she argues, information about the demotion of case investigators should have been admitted in trial, but was withheld during the court proceedings.

“They were demoted so the sheriff wouldn’t look like a fool and be embarrassed because of how bad they handled the investigation and the evidence,” she said.

Rusk County Sheriff Danny Pirtle said the grieving mother is misinformed.

The sheriff said no investigators were demoted or terminated as a result of the investigation, but instead were reassigned within the department.

One investigator was moved into a new position which includes work in crime prevention, Crimestoppers and serving as the department’s public information officer. Another investigator received a promotion from the criminal investigation division to administrator of the county jail, Pirtle said.

“I moved these people after I took office because I thought they could better serve in other positions,” he said.

Rusk County District Attorney Micheal Jimerson said all of Shirley Milam’s accusations were addressed during the trial and appeal.

“She is, to a great extent, a very real victim in this. It was her granddaughter who was killed,” Jimerson said. “I understand a mother never wanting to believe her son could ever be involved in something like this.”

Still, Milam continues to believe her son.

“Blaine told me ‘Momma, the only thing I’m guilty of is not calling 911,’ ” Shirley said.

She said she wants her son exonerated on all charges.

“But if they don’t see it that way, I’d at least want them to drop it down to my son getting some jail time, not the death penalty,” she said.

Jesseca Carson — Blaine Milam’s girlfriend — was sentenced in 2011 to life in prison without parole for her role in her daughter’s death.

Jimerson holds steadfast to his belief that the case was handled appropriately, and he commended investigators.

“I stand behind the case, the investigators, the evidence and the justice that the jury determined for Amora Bain Carson,” Jimerson wrote in an e-mail. “In my opinion the jury upheld our humanity. The measure of Rusk County is not that one of the worst cases of child abuse occurred here, but how we responded.”

http://www.news-journal.com/news/loc...1f2d94391.html

Exonerated? Some jail time? This woman is flat out wacked. This kid is sick. He would have told you if he killed that baby? Yes, kids NEVER lie to their parents. This kid can't get through all these appeals fast enough for me. I'll be sure to lead the party in chat the day he gets strapped down.

"On Death Row" with Blaine Milam Premieres Tuesday, September 17 at 9/8c on ID

In an intimate conversation with condemned inmate Blaine Milam, filmmaker Werner Herzog peels back the layers of mystery surrounding the brutal death of Milam’s infant daughter. Postpartum psychosis, methamphetamines and Ouija boards were reported to have played a role in the brutality.

EX PARTE BLAINE KEITH MILAM

In today's TCCA orders, the court DENIED Milam's application for a writ of habeas corpus.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information