Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Blaine Keith Milam - Texas Death Row

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    Article 11.071 § 5(a)(3) is why. Texas law provides for a challenge based on evolving scientific standards.

Yeah, I figured as much. FFM has consistently pointed out the flaws of this law. There's absolutely no reason for a state to extend protections beyond what SCOTUS mandates, and I can't believe Texas of all states passed that dreck.

The medical community is compromised and not worth its salt these days. The "experts" love to absolve people of responsibility. The same folks that would say Milam is disabled would say that trans women are women, that men can menstruate and get pregnant, that there are more than two genders, that gender is a social construct, that 18-20 year olds shouldn't be eligible for death, and that time is "racist" against minorities. Allowing the compromised field of science (soy-ence at this point) that is almost as overrun with cultural Marxists and revisionists as academia to dictate and govern the standards for obtaining relief from death row was never going to end well for the state, and it's beyond me why states insist on handicapping themselves.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

At least we’ll see Bubsy gone so that’ll fire up Texas DR after months of being stagnant. His crime was disgusting too Killing an elderly 77 year old woman is just as horrid and disgusting as this crime.

I don’t expect Busby to be stayed. If he goes then we’ll likely see dates for Tracy Beatty, Fabian Hernandez, John Ramirez, Carlos Trevino, Jamaal Howard, Rigoberto Avila, Michael Gonzalez and Kosoul Chanthakoummane
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 01-21-2021 at 11:16 PM.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Yeah, I figured as much. FFM has consistently pointed out the flaws of this law. There's absolutely no reason for a state to extend protections beyond what SCOTUS mandates, and I can't believe Texas of all states passed that dreck.

The medical community is compromised and not worth its salt these days. The "experts" love to absolve people of responsibility. The same folks that would say Milam is disabled would say that trans women are women, that men can menstruate and get pregnant, that there are more than two genders, that gender is a social construct, that 18-20 year olds shouldn't be eligible for death, and that time is "racist" against minorities. Allowing the compromised field of science (soy-ence at this point) that is almost as overrun with cultural Marxists and revisionists as academia to dictate and govern the standards for obtaining relief from death row was never going to end well for the state, and it's beyond me why states insist on handicapping themselves.
    Texas doesn't strike me as a state that would settle for the minimum in anything.

I suppose the abolitionists' plan is to eventually have every death-row inmate be categorized as a retard or, in Ohio's case now, merely mentally ill.

Ohio’s death penalty is a joke at this point. Ohio’s death row won’t last any more either DeWine will order blanket commutations or the GOP legislature will just eliminate it completely.

Distributed for conference February 19, 2021.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/20-6518.html

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Senior Member Member
    Hello all. I’m new to the website. I just got a quick question. How come the TCCA writes private opinions anymore in relationship to their death penalty cases? Thanks for any response.

Every Wednesday (except for holidays) the TCCA posts their opinions on their site at 9:00 AM. This is when death row inmates get their direct appeals and writ of habeas corpus denied. In the days before a scheduled execution the TCCA will post an opinion stating whether or not the execution is stayed or not

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread Information