Thread: Demontrell Lamar Miller - Texas Death Row

Demontrell Lamar Miller - Texas Death Row

Kelynn Pinson, 2

Facts of the Crime:

Convicted and sentenced to death in the 2008 beating death of two-year-old Kelynn Pinson.

Miller was sentenced to death in Smith County in November 2009.

November 19, 2009

Death for man who murdered child

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - It has been an emotional trial, dragging on for over a month now, but late Monday afternoon, a jury sentenced Demontrell Miller to the death penalty. He was found guilty of capital murder in the beating death of two-year-old Kelynn Pinson.

In court, moments of grief and anger going over Kelynn's violent death last year.

"Can you imagine the pain when his shoulder was hurt or his back or his arms or his hands?” said April Sikes, the Smith County Assistant District Attorney. “Can you imagine when he did all he could do and put his hands up and only to be kicked and hurt again? Can you imagine?”

Next to his picture, prosecutors hung-up the toddler's blood-stained shirt, hoping the jury would not forget or forgive.

"When that first kick came to him, what did he think?” said Sikes. “’Stop hurting me. What did I do wrong? I'm sorry!’ Can you imagine the type of character it takes to let a two-year-old baby lay in the floor until he dies? My God! What kind of person does that? And, I don't care if he's mannerable or not. That's what makes him a monster. That's what makes him sinister. He's a baby killer."

The defense has always argued that Demontrell Miller loved the little boy and his mother. And, his death was an accident. Monday, his attorneys asked for mercy.

"I would also submit to you that this is Demontrell Miller's day,” said LaJuanda Lacy, Miller’s attorney. “He, too, is seeking justice in this case. No matter what we do as it relates to this case, no matter the outcome of this case, it will not give Kelynn Pinson new life.”

"Don't you dare let them put that guilt on you,” said Sikes. “You know who affected lives in this court room? He did it. He did it to his own sorry self and to every other person in here. He did it. It is his conduct. He beat that baby to death."

Miller will be killed by lethal injection. Kelynn's father wrote a victim-impact letter, calling Miller a coward. When the verdict was read in court, there was no reaction from Miller or anyone else in the court room.

http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=11516248

Passed away.
    DEMONTRELL LAMAR MILLER v THE STATE OF TEXAS

In today's Texas Criminal Court of Appeals rulings, Demontrell Miller's conviction and death sentence were AFFIRMED.

2 condemned East Texas killers lose appeals

HOUSTON (AP) — The convictions and death sentences of two men for murdering small children in East Texas have been upheld by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.

Blaine Milam was condemned for the 2008 beating death of his girlfriend's 13-month-old daughter at his trailer in Rusk County. Evidence showed the child was bitten some 30 times and beaten with a hammer.

In the second case, 25-year-old Demontrell Miller was sent to death row for the 2008 beating death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son while he was babysitting the boy and his own 5-month-old son at a Tyler apartment complex.

The court Wednesday rejected what attorneys for the convicts said were 20 errors at Milam's trial and 28 at Miller's trial. Neither man has an execution date and both could pursue federal appeals.

http://www.kens5.com/news/153136255.html
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

EX PARTE DEMONTRELL LAMAR MILLER

In today's TCCA orders, Miller's post-conviction application for a writ of habeas corpus was DENIED.

Article

Death row appeal denied for Tyler man convicted in 2-year-old's death

Demontrell Lamar Miller, convicted in November 2009 for capital murder of a 2-year-old has had his death row appeal denied.

Court of Criminal Appeals has denied his appeal challenging the validity of his conviction and sentence in the 241st District Court.

A date for his execution has not been set.

Tyler police arrested Miller after the June 2008 death of Kelynn Pinson. He was charged with capital murder because the child was under six years old.

Miller was the boyfriend of the child's mother. The baby died of blunt force trauma injuries after being found unconscious at Hidden Springs Apartments.

During his trial, the defense argued that Miller loved the little boy and his mother and, his death was an accident. Miller told police at the time of Kelynn's death that he was trying to revive the child after he almost drowned in the apartment complex pool. He told police he saw Kelynn floating in the pool, and he pulled him out of the water and hit the boy's chest with the palm of his hand, causing the boy to regain consciousness.

Autopsy reports showed that Kelynn died from blunt force trauma to the stomach. The doctor who conducted the autopsy says that his injuries were from hitting or some type of blow to Kelynn's body, going on to say he would have been in severe pain from the trauma.

The doctor also told police the child suffered internal bleeding, and that it took around three hours for the little boy to die. The autopsy also describes other signs of physical abuse, including numerous bruises on his body, his forearm, back, right eye, and stomach.

http://www.kltv.com/story/28810396/d...ear-olds-death

APPLICANT'S MOTION FOR REHEARING DENIED.

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Case....-01&coa=coscca

mandie5644
    Where is my like button.. Would love to see a death date!

On June 4, 2015, Miller filed a habeas petition in Federal District Court.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/te...cv00535/160312

ARTICLE 11.071 APPLICATION FOR WRIT OF HABEAS CORPUS DISMISSED WITH WRITTEN ORDER:

https://search.txcourts.gov/handdown...ate=06/30/2021
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information