Thread: Feng Lu Charged With Capital Murder In 2014 TX Quadruple Murder

Feng Lu Charged With Capital Murder In 2014 TX Quadruple Murder

Man arrested in California in connection to 2014 murder of Cypress family

Feng Lu, 58, is accused of killing former coworker Maoye Sun, his wife, Mei Xie, and their two sons at their Houston-area home.

ADAM ZUVANICH

More than eight years after a family of four was executed at their home in a suburb northwest of Houston, a man has been arrested and charged with capital murder in connection to their deaths.

Feng Lu, 58, was charged Sunday and subsequently arrested after arriving in San Francisco on a flight from China, according to a Tuesday tweet by Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez. He said Lu is being held at the San Mateo County Jail in California until his extradition to Texas.

Lu is accused of murdering former coworker Maoye Sun, a fellow native of China, along with Sun's wife, Mei Xie, and their two sons, Timothy and Titus, who were 9 and 7 years old at the time of their deaths in January 2014. All four family members were shot in the head inside their home on Fosters Creek Drive in Cypress, according to Harris County court documents.

No defense attorney for Lu is named in county court documents related to the case.

The handle of a gray-and-black Coach purse found in the laundry room of the home contained a mixture of DNA "believed to belong" to Xie and Lu, who had allegedly told investigators he did not know Maoye Sun's wife or children or where the family lived, court records show. Lu had voluntarily provided a saliva sample to an FBI agent earlier during the murder investigation, according to court documents.

Court records also show that Lu and Maoye Sun had worked together at Cameron International, a Houston-based oil well services company that since has been acquired by Schlumberger. Lu allegedly told investigators he had asked Sun to provide a recommendation for a promotion he was seeking in the spring of 2013 and was under the impression that Sun did not grant that request, according to court documents. Lu subsequently resigned from the company, court records show.

Court documents show an FBI investigator also discovered that Lu allegedly purchased a Glock 17 9mm handgun and 50 rounds of ammunition from a Houston gun store on Jan. 23, 2014 – two days before the murders – and returned the weapon without its barrel on Feb. 4, 2014, the same day the Harris County Sheriff's Office held a news conference asking for information about the deaths. Lu allegedly told an investigator he had returned the gun without the barrel because it had been removed by his wife, who allegedly disputed that claim in a subsequent interview with an investigator, according to court documents.

Bullets found at the scene had design features that were physically similar to the ammunition allegedly purchased by Lu on Jan. 23, 2014, court records show.

"The investigation remains ongoing and we urge anyone with information to please contact our Homicide Unit at 713-274-9100," Gonzalez wrote Tuesday on Twitter.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/a...ss-family/amp/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Edited:

Man accused of killing 4 members of Cypress family in 2014 extradited back to Texas

Feng Lu is charged with capital murder. He's accused of killing four members of the Sun family execution-style inside their Cypress house

By KHOU News

HOUSTON — A man accused in a 2014 quadruple murder in the Cypress area was brought back to Texas on Wednesday, according to authorities.

Feng Liu, 58, was taken into custody earlier this month when he landed in San Francisco on a flight from China, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said.

Once he got back to Houston, Lu was booked into the Harris County Jail. He's charged with capital murder and prosecutors have already filed a motion to deny his bond. He's expected to make an appearance in court in the coming days.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/cr...3-e3fd5585c015
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    So he allegedly killed his co-worker for not giving him a letter of recommendation... Why did he kill the rest of the family though?

Judge denies bond for man charged with killing 4 members of Cypress family in 2014

Feng Lu is charged with capital murder for the execution-style shooting deaths of Maoye Sun, 50, Mei Xie, 49, and their 7- and 9-year-year-old sons.

Author: Michelle Homer, Cory McCord (KHOU), Grace White

HOUSTON — The man charged in the 2014 killings of a Cypress-area family will stay behind bars for now. A Harris County judge denied a bond request for 58-year-old Feng Lu.

He is charged with capital murder for the execution-style shooting deaths of Maoye Sun, 50, Mei Xie, 49, and their sons, 7-year-old Timothy and 9-year-old Titus.

Lu was taken into custody earlier this month when he landed in San Francisco on a flight from China, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said.

The crime

On Jan. 30, 2014, Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies showed up at a Cypress-area home on Fosters Creek Drive on a welfare check.

They found all four members of the Sun family dead from gunshot wounds.

At the time, investigators had no idea who killed the family or why anyone would want them dead.

The case stunned the community and the Houston Chinese Alliance and Crime Stoppers offered a $75,000 reward in 2015.

"I want you to remember that you killed two children. I want that to burn in your brain," Sheriff Adrian Garcia said at a news conference to announce the reward. "I want it to give you a heart condition. I want it to give you ulcers."

What was the motive?

The killings made news coverage in China where some reports said Maoye Sun may have been connected to a high-ranking Chinese government official being investigated for corruption. The story and theories of a professional assassination also circulated in the neighborhood. Others thought it could have been a hate crime.

The Houston Chinese Alliance formed the same year of the family's deaths. HCA President Yingying Sun (not related to the victims) said it held a vigil for the family.

“I remember very clearly,” Sun said in a previous interview with KHOU 11 News. “Everyone in the Chinese community and in that neighborhood feared about their own safety.”

Investigators identified and charged Lu with capital murder. He was taken into custody after arriving from China and was taken to the San Mateo County Jail, where he was held until he was extradited to Texas.

“I’m very happy to know the updates on this case because, for a very long time, we think this became a dead case,” Sun said during the previous interview. “I think we need the truth, to bring justice and let everyone feel peace.”

Maoye Sun was an engineer and his sons went to school at Sampson Elementary.

Maoye Sun and Lu worked together in Houston and Lu could have been mad at his co-worker after not getting a promotion, according to court records. In January, forensic technicians were able to identify DNA found at the scene as Lu's, according to court documents.

https://www.khou.com/amp/article/new...e-026d09afa50c

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Bond set at $5M for man accused of executing Cypress family, including 2 children, in 2014

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas – Bond has been set at $5,000,000 for the man described as a disgruntled employee, charged in the cold-blooded execution of a Cypress family of four.

In September, Feng Lu, 58, was charged with capital murder in the killings of the Sun family.

On Jan. 30, 2014, Homicide investigators with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office responded to a residence on Fosters Creek Drive in the Coles Crossing subdivision for a welfare check after receiving reports about an odor.

When deputies arrived and entered the home, they found four people lying dead in separate rooms. Each had been shot in the head. The victims were identified as husband and wife, Maoye Sun and Mei Xie, and their two sons, Timothy and Titus. The children were 9 and 7 years old, respectively.

According to court documents, a purse was found in the laundry room with items scattered on the floor.
    Neighbors in the community were shocked.

“Those two little boys had the biggest light in their eyes,” Tiffany Bever said at the time of the discovery. “They were sweet, and they loved everybody here. They rode their bikes and played with all their friends, and you would see them coming and going.”

It took eight years, but a suspect was finally identified and the “why” began to take shape.

Lu was allegedly upset over not being given a promotion.

According to court documents, Lu was working at Cameron International and tried to transfer to another department. He asked the husband, Maoye, to give him a recommendation for transfer. Investigators said Lu told them he heard Maoye did not provide the recommendation, so he called him at work and asked why.

Maoye reportedly said he did support the transfer.

Lu told authorities that Maoye also made derogatory comments about him to his fellow co-workers.

During interrogation, Lu allegedly told authorities he did not know the wife and had never been to the victims’ home and did not even know where they lived until they were murdered.

Detectives also collected a saliva sample, documents state.

Detectives said the suspect bought a gun before the shooting, in January, but returned it a few weeks later.

An employee at Full Armor Firearms told investigators Lu bought a 9mm handgun, along with a box of ammunition. When Lu returned the handgun to the store in February 2014, there was no barrel in the gun. Lu told the employee his wife threw the barrel away because she didn’t want a gun in the home, investigators said.

Lu’s wife, however, told police she knew about her husband’s disagreement with the victim at work and denied taking the gun barrel.

Investigators said they determined the bullets used in the shooting were consistent with bullets used with the gun he had purchased.

He was arrested in San Francisco, California in September and extradited to Texas.

As a condition of his bond, Lu was ordered Tuesday to surrender any and all passports, visas or other travel documents, and prohibited from obtaining or applying for any new or supplemental passport, visa or travel document.

He was also ordered not to possess any firearms, ammunition or other weapons.

He is to wear a GPS monitor and restricted from leaving Harris County.

His next court date is scheduled for Dec. 13.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...Ys0g7xg3paGbwM

Lu is scheduled for disposition 5/23/23 at 9:00 AM

https://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/Edoc...lb1w28xA%3d%3d

Also to answer your question MAC, he likely killed the wife and kids to eliminate witnesses to his crime. It’s happened many times in the past, with Jessie Dotson and Earl Bramblett being prime examples

Thread Information