Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jedidiah Isaac Murphy - Texas Execution - October 10, 2023

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    Some information on this case:

After Murphy exhasuted appeals in February 2019, the Dallas County DAs office in May 2019 requested to be recused from the case. That request was granted in December 2019 and the Texas AGs office has since then been responsible to request an execution date for Murphy but has failed to do so in the last 2 1/2 years.
    Not to be the devil's advocate, but Jedidiah Murphy is a practising Lubavitch Jew at least since 2016, and between COVID and Ramirez's chaplain farce, any execution date Ken Paxton would have obtained would have been 100% stayed over one of these two reasons or both.

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    On June 22, an execution date of March 21, 2023 was requested for Murphy.

https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty....rideFormat=PDF

Is Texas becoming a new Ohio, with execution dates set years in the future?

Maybe they are doing it so they can deal with any bs claims they can spew out before the date arrives
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

They should just change warrant time to one day these kangaroo courts are going to stay them regardless of the time given.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Anyone know what the hold up here is? 5 months of nothing so far.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Look how long it took for Ruiz to get a date. It might be a while before he and Broadnax get death warrants.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

The requested date for Murphy's execution is March 21st, 2023, quite far away in the future. In the case of Robert Fratta, the judge waited to sign his death warrant until the very last day available, in order not to deprive him of the possibility of attending the Sunday Mass he was used to (while on death watch, inmates religious liberties are greatly restricted).

Murphy is a practising Lubavitch Jew, so maybe they're waiting until the last day available for the same reason. If I'm right, we should see the death warrant signed around mid-December.
    Last edited by Mastro Titta; 11-25-2022 at 03:02 AM.

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    The trial court has appointed new counsel for Murphy to represent him in an upcoming hearing to set his execution date. The judge writes in his order that the critea for setting an execution date have been met so I assume the judge wil sign off on the requested March 21, 2023 execution date within the next 2 weeks.

The State of Texas has requested another execution date for Murphy, this time for October 3rd, 2023.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information