Thread: Debbie Collier

Senior Member CnCP Legend

Debbie Collier

Missing Georgia mom Debbie Collier found dead after sending daughter money, chilling text

Debbie Collier's daughter says mother sent her money, chilling text message

By Pilar Arias
    Fox News

Missing Athens, Georgia, mom Debbie Collier has been found dead after she digitally sent her daughter money and a chilling text message, the New York Post reports.

"They are not going to let me go, love you," the message reportedly read after her daughter received $2,385 from her mother via Venmo.

The body of 59-year-old Collier was found Sept. 11, a day after she vanished, 11Alive reported.

Collier's daughter, Amanda Bearden, told officers that her mother's car was in the shop, and her mother left her home with only her driver's license and a debit card, in a rented vehicle, according to the TV station.

The rented vehicle was equipped with satellite radio. The radio company tracked the vehicle to U.S. 441 near Victory Home Lane, 60 miles north of the Collier’s home in Athens, and contacted the Habersham County Sheriff’s Office.

A K-9 team located the woman's body nearby, as well as a red tote bag and partially-burned blue tarp, Now Habersham reports.

Investigators are treating Collier's death as a homicide, which may have been the result of a kidnapping, according to the missing person's report filed by Bearden.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missing-g...-chilling-text

Senior Member CnCP Legend
    Missing Georgia mom Debbie Collier was found naked and burned, clutching tree at bottom of embankment: docs

By Michael Ruiz
    FOX News

HABERSHAM COUNTY, Ga. - Graphic content warning

A missing Georgia mom found dead earlier this month was discovered partially burned, stripped naked and "grasping a small tree," according to police documents.

Debbie Collier, 59, vanished on Sept. 10, according to authorities.

Her daughter, Amanda Bearden, told investigators that her mother’s car was in the shop at the time and that she left home in a rented Chrysler Pacifica SUV, carrying only her license and a debit card.

Authorities tracked the rental vehicle to a highway nearly 60 miles away with help from Sirius XM radio and arrived around 12:30 p.m. on Sept. 11.

The vehicle was "unlocked and unoccupied" in a parking area along the side of Georgia Route 15 north near Victory Home Lane in Clarkesville, according to Habersham County Sheriff’s Office records, obtained by Fox News Digital.

Authorities tracked the rental vehicle to a highway nearly 60 miles away with help from Sirius XM radio and arrived around 12:30 p.m. on Sept. 11.

WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC DETAILS:

Officers and a K-9 unit found a red tote bag about a quarter-mile from the vehicle and "what appeared to be the remains of a fire" nearby.

Downhill from the scene, investigators found a blue tarp with burn marks, and "a nude female laying on her back, grasping a small tree with her right hand," according to the incident report.

She was "obviously deceased," and investigators quickly identified her as the missing mom, Collier.

Her remains were "apparently burned with what appeared to be charring to her abdomen."

The Habersham County Coroner's Office transferred Collier's remains to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Crime Lab for an autopsy, and GBI was also sent "various items of possible evidence" for enhanced analysis.

Collier’s last known communication was through the Venmo app, sending more than $2,300 to her daughter, according to the incident report. The payment also included a note, paraphrased in the report as saying, "They won’t let me go, there is a key to the house underneath a flower pot."

Before the remains were discovered, Bearden, who had been given an approximate location of the vehicle by Athens-Clarke County police, arrived on scene "in a hysterical state," according to police documents. She told investigators her mother did not suffer from any known mental health issues or "suicidal tendencies."

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/mis...mbankment-docs

Georgia mom Debbie Collier’s mysterious death ruled suicide: report

By David Propper
    New York Post

The mysterious death of Georgia mother Debbie Collier has reportedly been ruled a suicide in a shocking twist to a case that started out as a homicide investigation.

The determination was made this week by the state’s medical examiner. The results found Collier died from “inhalation of superheated gases, thermal injuries, and hydrocodone intoxication,” Habersham County Deputy Coroner Ken Franklin said.

Collier’s naked and partially burned body was found in September in a wooded ravine in the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest, about 60 miles north of her Athens home.

Franklin said the autopsy results match up to what he saw at the scene, according to Now Habersham.

“It’s pretty evident that she started the fire,” Franklin told the news outlet. “From what I saw and what I considered to be the case is that this was a self-inflicted death, but I was relying on the results of the autopsy and the doctor at the lab to make the final call.”

The stunning ruling comes after Collier’s daughter, Amanda Bearden, recently said on a special livestream of the “Crime on the Record” podcast she believes her mother killed herself.

Bearden, 36, reported Collier missing Sept. 10 after she said her mother sent her a Venmo payment of more than $2,300 along with a chilling note.

“They are not going to let me go love you there is a key to the house in the blue flowerpot by the door,” Collier wrote.

“She was dealing with stuff that she didn’t want to burden me with,” Bearden said of her late mother while on the podcast.

Collier’s son, Jeffrey Bearden, said he wanted to know what happened to his mother.

“We’re not doing great by any means,” Jeffrey Bearden said. “Even after two months, I’m still sitting there questioning…

“I’m left still feeling this is a homicide, based on discussions I’ve had with law enforcement, but then again, with how long everything has gone on, some of the decisions that have been made and some of the lack of communication, it is hard to even know what could have happened,” he added.

Collier was seen calmly shopping at a Family Dollar within 24 hours of her sudden death in footage released by the Habersham County Sheriff’s Office in late September.

She entered the store for 15 minutes and bought tarp, a torch lighter, a rain poncho and a reusable tote bag.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/17/debbie...uicide-report/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Thread Information