Thread: Murder Trial Set for Samuel Xavier Ponce in 2023 TX Murders of Jorge Erosa and Ross Cruz Jr.

Senior Member CnCP Legend

Murder Trial Set for Samuel Xavier Ponce in 2023 TX Murders of Jorge Erosa and Ross Cruz Jr.

Man held on $2 million bond following two rapid-fire murders in Atascosa County

SBG San Antonio

ATASCOSA COUNTY, Texas - A man is in custody on $2,000,000 bond for a pair of murders that happened minutes apart earlier this week.

Samuel Xavier Ponce, 21, was charged with two counts of capital murder after two people were shot dead within minutes apart in Pleasanton and Jourdanton.

Jourdanton Police officials said that the first shooting happened early Monday morning along Elm Street near Texas Highway 16. When they arrived, they found the victim, 23-year-old Jorge Erosa, with a gunshot wound. He was rushed to the hospital where he later died from his injuries.

Within minutes of the first shooting, officers learned of a second deadly shooting in Pleasanton.

The second shooting happened around 2 a.m. at a home off North Mansfield Street near West Godwin Street in Pleasanton.

Officers found a teenager laying in front of the home with multiple gunshot wounds. The victim, identified as 18-year-old Ross Cruz Jr., was pronounced dead at the scene.

Both law enforcement agencies brought in the Texas Rangers to help with the investigation. Surveillance video near the Jourdanton murder gave investigators information on the vehicle the suspects were driving.

Within 24 hours, they had a person of interest identified, which was Ponce.

A tip from the Texas Rangers on Tuesday gave Pleasanton Police information that Ponce was heading into town. Officers were able to pull Ponce over and during a search, they found narcotics and a firearm in the vehicle.

Ponce was taken into custody on drug and weapons charges, but later the murder charges were added on.

He is being held on a combined $2,000,000 bond ($1 million for each murder charge) in the Atascosa County Jail.

https://news4sanantonio.com/amp/news...-texas-rangers

Jury trial scheduled for April 29, 2024

Charges were downgraded to two counts of murder so the death penalty is not being sought

https://public.lgsonlinesolutions.com/ors.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information