Thread: DOJ is seeking public comments on Pentobarbital.

DOJ is seeking public comments on Pentobarbital.

Alright everyone here's our chance to get forever enshrined on a DOJ website and force some poor intern to read what we've written.

The Biden DOJ has obviously already come to the conclusion that lethal injection is bad. And will be junking it, however you can leave your mark and submitting a comment on eRulemaking of what you really think.

"The Department of Justice is seeking comments from the public regarding the risk of pain and suffering associated with the use of pentobarbital sodium (“pentobarbital”), and any other relevant portion of the Bureau of Prisons’ 2019 Addendum to the Federal Execution Protocol."

"The Justice Department’s policy is to make all comments received from members of the public available for public viewing in their entirety on the Federal eRulemaking Portal at www.regulations.gov. Therefore, commenters should be careful to include in their comments only information that they wish to make publicly available."

"The review may also “address any other relevant portion” of the 2019 Addendum. See Memorandum from the Attorney General, Moratorium on Federal Executions Pending Review of Policies and Procedures (July 1, 2021)"

https://public-inspection.federalreg...2022-20886.pdf
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Frequent Poster Steven AB's Avatar
    Pentobarbital is not a problem, but if it were, that would be one more argument to lift the ban on importing foreign drugs, which would allow the return of sodium thiopental or anything else supposed to be better.

Another argument is the recent DOJ memo concluding that the FDA has no jurisdiction over that.

https://ilr.law.uiowa.edu/print/volu...new-article-9/

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/...710#post140710
    "If ever there were a case for a referendum, this is one on which the people should be allowed to express their own views and not irresponsible votes in the House of Commons." — Winston Churchill, on the death penalty

The self-styled "Death Penalty Information Center" is financed by the oligarchic European Union. — The Daily Signal

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    What substance do veterinarians in the US use to euthanize animals via lethal injection?

Pentobarbital
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    Is that Pentobarbital made in the US or is it imported from other countries?

Made in the USA I believe

Although I read that in case of a pentobarbital shortage, vets will often sedate animals and then inject them with potassium chloride
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information