Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abel Revilla Ochoa - Texas Execution - February 6, 2020

In today's orders, the US Supreme Court DENIED Ochoa's certiorari petition.

Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
    Case Numbers: (17-70016)
    Decision Date: October 18, 2018
    Rehearing Denied: November 30, 2018

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/18-8845.html

I can't wait for the TCCA to stay this over some redundant issue SCOTUS has already said no to in about 4 months time. Something to look forward to in the fantastic month of February.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Probably worth mentioning that the TDCJ gives Ochoa's execution date as 6 February, not the 11th.
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

Ochoa's execution date has been reset from Tuesday February 11 to Thursday February 6, 2020.

https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/death_row...xecutions.html
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Out of the six people who are set for executions next year Ochoa is the only one that isn't scheduled for a Wednesday. Strange.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Junior Member Newbie
    This guy's story made me promise... I promised myself that I will never ever use drugs. You wake up at custody and they say you killed your whole family and you don't remember any of it? No thanks, geez, I'll pass.

Junior Member Newbie
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0875.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	1912 Quick question guys, would you visit one of your relatives if he murdered his own daughters, wife etc.?

My cousins were shot to death by their father the day Anthony Shore was executed. So no

MOTION FOR LEAVE TO FILE APPLICATION FOR ORIGINAL WRIT OF MANDAMUS DENIED WITHOUT WRITTEN ORDER - DEATH PENALTY

http://search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=WR-67,495-03

MOTION FOR STAY OF EXECUTION DENIED

http://search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=WR-67,495-03
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Frequent Poster NanduDas's Avatar
    Texas inmate set to be executed for killing family in 2003

By Joseph Brown
    The Huntsville Item

A Texas inmate is set to be executed Thursday evening in Huntsville for killing his wife, two daughters, sister-in-law and father-in-law.

Abel Ochoa, 47, faces lethal injection for the August 2002 slaying in which his attorneys claimed he had suffered from a “drug-induced delirium.”

State and federal appeals courts and the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles have recently turned down requests by Ochoa’s attorneys to stop his execution, with the most recent coming in October 2019. No new appeals have been submitted to the U.S. Supreme Court.

According to court records, Ochoa went to church with his wife and children on the morning of the slayings. On the way home he asked his wife for $10 to buy some cocaine, which he would later smoke in the backyard of his home.

In a confession to police, Ochoa wrote, “I got up and went to my closet and I got my Ruger 9mm gun. The gun was already loaded and I walked into the living room where my family was. I started shooting while they were all sitting on the couch.”

His 29-year-old wife, 7-year-old daughter, 9-month-old daughter, father-in-law and sister-in-law were all killed. A second sister-in-law, Alma Alvizo, was seriously injured in the shooting.

Ochoa then took his wife’s purse and fled to an ATM in an attempt to withdraw money, however, he was unable to remember the passcode. He was captured approximately 30 minutes after the shooting by police.

Police say that Ochoa verbally confessed to the murder upon his arrest, and later, made a written confession. He was convicted and sentenced to death by a Dallas County jury the following year.

In his latest appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, Ochoa’s attorneys stressed that his trial lawyers didn’t find and present enough evidence of his difficult childhood. He has also repeatedly asked for, and been denied, funds to redo his mitigation defense, which if successful could see his sentence reduced to life without parole.

Thursday’s execution is scheduled after 6 p.m. inside of the Huntsville “Walls” Unit.

https://www.itemonline.com/news/loca...3dc285d79.html
    "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." -Theodore Roosevelt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information