Thread: Jyron Charles Lee Charged in 2022 TX Murder of Nancy Reed and Nadia Lee

Senior Member CnCP Legend

Jyron Charles Lee Charged in 2022 TX Murder of Nancy Reed and Nadia Lee

Man charged after common-law wife killed in front of kids at Clear Lake hotel, police say

By Charly Edsitty and Pooja Lodhia
    KTRK

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A mother died in front of her two young children at a Clear Lake-area hotel after allegedly being strangled by her common-law husband.

Now, her husband has been charged with murder, according to Houston police.

Houston Police Department officers responded twice on Tuesday to the Sonesta Extended Stay Suites on Bay Area Boulevard near Highway 3.

Police said they first responded to the hotel at about 8:30 p.m. after a dispute over child custody issues between Jyron Charles Lee and his common-law wife, both in their 20s.

Investigators said the woman was staying with their 3-year-old and 1-year-old at the motel.

The issue was reportedly settled, and officers left, but about two hours later, at about 10:30 p.m., police said Lee called 911. When Harris County Precinct 8 constable deputies arrived, they found his wife with trauma to her neck on the ground.

Responders performed CPR, but officials said the woman had already died.

Investigators spoke with Lee, who they say claimed the woman was choking one of the children, which prompted him to get involved.

"He got behind her and put her in a chokehold, he said, to stop her, and he said she went unconscious, and that's when he called us," HPD Lt. R. Wilkens said.

Lee was detained at the scene and further investigation led to him being charged with his wife's murder, according to police.

https://abc13.com/mother-killed-by-c...dren/12345392/
    Last edited by Steven; 03-21-2023 at 05:07 PM.

Senior Member CnCP Legend
    Texas girl, 2, missing and father charged with killing common-law wife: ‘Time’s not on our side’

Nadia Lee was last seen in the Houston suburb of Pasadena where her father allegedly killed his common-law wife, police said

By Louis Casiano
    Fox News

Authorities in Houston are searching for a missing 2-year-old girl whose father is charged with choking to death his common-law wife.

The Houston Police Department and Texas EquuSearch are looking for Nadia Lee, whose last known location was at about 8 p.m. on Oct. 16 in the suburb of Pasadena.

On Thursday, police said Lee is the daughter of Jyron Charles Lee, 26, who was charged in connection with the death of his common-law wife on Tuesday night. He has since been arrested and is being held in the Harris County jail.

Police said that Lee was in her father's care at the time of her disappearance.

"Time's not on our side," Texas EquuSearch founder and director Tim Miller said Thursday. "I don’t think any of us expect that happy ending. We do believe in miracles, and it would certainly take a miracle to get her back alive right now."

Lee's common-law wife, 22, was found unresponsive in a hotel room Tuesday. A 911 call was made earlier in the evening about a couple having a child custody dispute. At the time, no one claimed to have any missing children, police said.

Two other children, ages 1 and 3, were with Lee and the woman, police said. One of them is his child, authorities said. Houston police officers responded to the scene and left once the dispute was settled.

At about 10:30 p.m., authorities were called back to the scene where Lee told officers he got into an argument with the woman and put her in a chokehold to prevent her from injuring the children.

She was pronounced dead at the scene.

At some point during the probe, detectives found evidence that determined there was foul play involved in the woman's death, and it became a homicide investigation.

The two children found in the motel room have been handed over to authorities.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-gir...ot-on-our-side

PASADENA FATHER CHARGED WITH CAPITAL MURDER FOLLOWING DISAPPEARANCE OF 2-YEAR-OLD NADIA LEE

By Brooke Taylor

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- After weeks and weeks of searching, there are new developments in the case of a missing 2-year-old. Despite extensive searching, Nadia Lee has not been found, but her father is now charged with capital murder in connection with her death.

Nadia hasn't been seen since about Oct. 16. Police believe Jyron Charles Lee, 26, inflicted such severe injuries on his daughter that he caused her death around that time.

Houston police issued a missing persons report for Nadia, and Texas Equusearch volunteers immediately searched around the apartment complex on S. Richey Street in Pasadena where she was last seen. In the weeks that have followed, they have expanded the search to area parks and waterways, and a landfill on Highway 6 in Alvin.

At the onset of the search, Tim Miller, the founder of Texas EquuSearch, said, "I don't think this is going to have a positive outcome we would like to have. One of my biggest fears is there may not be an outcome."

Nadia's body has not been recovered.

Nadia's father, Lee, was earlier charged with murder in the death of her mother, his common-law wife, Nancy Reed. Lee is accused of strangling Reed, 22, at a Clear Lake hotel on Bay Area Boulevard late Tuesday, Oct. 18.

Two of the couple's children, ages 1 and 3, were present at the time of the murder. They were unhurt and turned over to CPS custody. Family members confirmed the couple has five children together.

As a part of their investigation into the murder of Reed, police said they received information about a missing child, later determined to be Nadia.

Relatives told ABC13 they were trying to help Reed escape what they felt was an abusive domestic relationship. They didn't have much contact with the children, and couldn't provide information about Nadia's disappearance.

https://abc13.com/amp/nadia-lee-miss...-old/12539661/
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Body of toddler found in Houston bayou believed to be little girl who was allegedly killed by her father, police say

2-year-old Nadia Lee disappeared in October 2022

By Marie Claire Patton
    KSAT News

PASADENA, Texas – Houston police say they recovered the body of a young child from Vince Bayou in Pasadena on Monday and they believe the remains are 2-year-old Nadia Lee who disappeared last October in Pasadena.

According to a news release from Houston Police Department, Nadia’s father, Jyron Charles Lee, 26, is suspected of causing his daugher’s death. He was charged with capital murder in December, police said.

Lee was also charged with murder on Oct. 19 for the death of his wife, 22-year-old Nancy Reed.

The news release states that officers responded to a report of an assault at a hotel in October where Lee and Reed allegedly got into an argument in front of their two children.

At the time, Lee told officers he had placed his wife in a chokehold to prevent her from injuring their children. Reed was taken to a Houston area hospital where she was pronounced deceased.

Lee was detained at the scene and further investigation led to Lee being charged with his wife’s murder, the news release states.

During an investigation into Reed’s death, police discovered that Nadia was unaccounted for and she was officially reported missing.

Nadia’s aunt, Delia Reed, told KSAT sister station KPRC “I just thought it would turn into one of those cases that we would never find her. Only thing we would hear is that her body was dumped in the dumpster.”

The remains recovered from the bayou on Monday by the HPD Dive Team and Texas Department of Public Safety – Texas Rangers Division are believed to belong to Nadia. The official identification is pending autopsy results.

https://www.ksat.com/news/2023/03/21...er-police-say/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Remains found in Pasadena bayou confirmed to be 2-year-old Nadia Lee, medical examiner says

Investigators thought Nadia was a victim of foul play since she went missing in October 2022. Her father has been charged with murder in connection with her death.

Author: Cory McCord (KHOU), John Diaz

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas — A body recovered from a Pasadena bayou on March 20 has been confirmed to be that of missing 2-year-old Nadia Lee, according to the medical examiner's office.

Nadia was last seen alive on Oct. 16. Her father, 26-year-old Jyron Lee, has been charged with two counts of capital murder. Jyron is accused of killing his daughter and wife, Nancy Reed.

Nadia's cause of death has yet to be determined.

Body found

On Monday, authorities said search crews found human remains in Vince Bayou in Pasadena.

They said they believe the remains are those of Nadia Lee, although official identification is pending an autopsy.

Reed's death

Jyron Lee is accused of killing Reed, 22, at the Sonesta Extended Stay Suites on Bay Area Boulevard in southeast Houston on Oct. 18. Investigators said the deadly fight started as an argument over custody of the couple's children. Police were called to the motel to check on them, but eventually left when they said they thought everything was resolved.

A couple of hours later, police were called again. That's when they found Reed, who had been choked. She was taken to an area hospital, where she died. Jyron Lee told police that he was trying to stop her from hurting one of their children.

"He thought she was choking the baby or the child," HPD Lt. Wilkens said at the time. "Not sure which one yet. He got behind her to put her in a chokehold to stop her. She went unconscious and that's when he called us."

Reed's family said she was staying at the motel because she was trying to get away from Jyron.

Investigators said the couple's five other daughters were turned over to Child Protective Services.

Timeline

Oct. 20, 2022

Houston police said they were searching for Nadia, who was last seen at Jyron's apartment complex in Pasadena.

They believed from this point forward that Nadia was the victim of foul play.

The girl was last seen around 8 p.m. that Sunday (Oct. 16, 2022). Investigators said there was DNA evidence that a crime happened at the apartment.

Oct. 22, 2022

Search efforts continued for Nadia. Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller said his biggest fear was that the girl's body would never be found.

Oct. 25, 2022

Court records revealed new information about the relationship between Lee and Reed.

Even before Nadia was born, there was a history of problems in the relationship. Reed had even written a letter to a judge asking for help.

Oct. 31, 2022

The search for Nadia moved to a landfill on private property in the Alvin area.

Texas EquuSearch said they were digging in the landfill for any possible sign of the missing girl. A crew of nearly 20 people and lots of equipment assembled at the search area.

Officials said the area they were searching had actually been roped off for about a week and is about the size of a football field. They also said it was possible they needed to dig about eight feet deep.

Nov. 18, 2022

Weeks later, search crews restarted the search for Nadia. They focused their search efforts along the bayou across from Lee's apartment complex.

Miller said he thought Nadia's body was possibly put in a container.
    Dec. 6, 2022

Lee is charged with murder in his daughter's death.
    Dec. 9, 2022

Lee's bond was raised to $1.85 million.

Jyron's sister said she hadn't spoken to her brother in two years. She said her brother and Reed were in a toxic relationship but she never thought he would kill her.

https://www.12newsnow.com/article/ne...kihlr6yj5xb42o
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information