Thread: Randall Bernard Brown Sentenced to LWOP in 2021 FL Slaying of 39-Year-Old Victim

Randall Bernard Brown Sentenced to LWOP in 2021 FL Slaying of 39-Year-Old Victim

Man who Googled ‘how to kill someone with a knife’ found guilty in 2021 stabbing death of ex’s boyfriend

The State Attorney’s Office is seeking the death penalty

By Marecela Camargo
    News4JAX.com

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A Duval County jury has found a man guilty of first-degree murder in the August 2021 stabbing death of his ex-girlfriend’s boyfriend.

Randall Brown was found guilty Tuesday of setting fire to the 39-year-old victim’s home and then stabbing him more than 80 times.

According to prosecutors, officers found the victim’s blood in Brown’s car.

The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office investigation revealed that Brown’s ex-girlfriend had broken up with him several weeks earlier. Around this time, his ex-girlfriend’s son died and she told Brown that she was going to get rich soon.

Officials said Brown was aware she was with another man and tried to win her back. He then attached a tracking device to her car to find out where she slept at night.

Brown’s ex was at the victim’s home on Brooklyn Road at the time of the incident. She called 911 to report the fire and stabbing, officials said.

Hours after the crime, she changed her Facebook status to “in a relationship” with Brown.

According to officials, before and after the murder, Brown searched Google for ways to kill someone with a knife and made other incriminating searches.

Brown’s ex-girlfriend is charged with accessory after the fact and prosecuted separately. She is accused of helping Brown escape arrest.

Brown represented himself during his trial.

Brown’s penalty phase began Wednesday and prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...exs-boyfriend/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Edited:

Jury votes to sentence man who stabbed ex-girlfriend’s boyfriend over 80 times to life in prison

By Marecela Camargo
    News4JAX.com

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A Duval County jury voted 8 to 4 to send a man found guilty of first-degree murder for stabbing his ex-girlfriend’s boyfriend to death to life in prison on Friday.

Randall Brown was found guilty on Tuesday of setting the 39-year-old victim’s house on fire and then stabbing him more than 80 times in August 2021.

Brown’s ex-girlfriend is being charged with accessory after the fact and is being prosecuted separately. She is accused of helping Brown escape arrest.

Brown represented himself during his trial.

Brown will be formally sentenced in January.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...ife-in-prison/

"I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

To be expected from Florida. So afraid of being called racist
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Brown is scheduled to be sentenced on the 29th

https://inmatesearch.jaxsheriff.org/...eDetail/714615

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Thread Information