Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Lynn Pruett - Texas Execution - October 12, 2017

Member Newbie
    I can't wait to see this idiot take the ultimate high. I was working as a correctional officer in Austin, Texas, in 1999 when Mr. Pruett killed another CO. In fact, I actually trained for a shift on the Mc Connell Unit, where Pruett was incarcerated, while in the CO academy at Beeville. While I have very little sympathy for most DR inmates in TX (but if you want to know the truth, I think Lester Bower and Rodney Reed deserve commutations based on serious doubt), Robert Pruett is one who I will personally drive up to Huntsville from Florida to witness. This guy has pulled the wool over so many foreigner's eyes, and I can't understand it. He is the absolute PROTOTYPE of what the TDCJ officers call a "Peckerwood". He's a white inmate who's scared to do time with a majority black and hispanic system so he acts especially brutal toward staff to show how macho he is. He killed a CO doing nothing but managing the craft shop. Not solitary, not a maximum or close custody unit...THE CRAFT SHOP. Now he's been protected, via DR, from assault or rape by black or hispanic inmates for almost two decades. I guess mission accomplished for him. I have met a hunderd carbon copies of this idiot and trust me, Canadians and British, he's not worth your time. He's especially not worth your sympathy.

Not all Canadians want to save him
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by craig16 View Post
    I think Lester Bower and Rodney Reed deserve commutations based on serious doubt)
    Why them two? After all they've been through the same system Pruett has and there can be no 'ifs' or 'buts', justice works for all, so why doubts for those two?. And as I understand it the only evidence they have against Pruett is dubious snitch evidence. None of the CO's blood was found on him, surely it should have been somewhere? Is that not a serious doubt? Plus I believe several COs from the unit were sacked for corruption, was there a cover up somewhere?
    Last edited by Sir Baldrick; 03-11-2015 at 05:57 AM.

chibears51
    The execution of Pruett bothers me. I don't know why but it just does.

Is it because there is no actual solid evidence against him?

In today's orders, the United States Supreme Court declined to review Pruett's petition for certiorari.

Docketed: January 23, 2015
    Linked with 14A793
    Lower Ct: Court of Criminal Appeals of Texas
    Case Nos.: (AP-77,037)
    Decision Date: October 22, 2014

http://www.supremecourt.gov/search.a...es/14-8097.htm

Senior Member CnCP Addict Richard86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Baldrick View Post
    Is it because there is no actual solid evidence against him?
    Then how was he convicted by a jury and had his conviction stand up in all layers of appeal right up to the US Supreme Court?

The people who deal with these cases are not idiots.

So how did The Birmingham Six spend 15 years in jail, and had so many appeals for a bombing they did not do before it was realised they were innocent, because there was no solid evidence against them? Some times people who deal with these cases are idiots or corrupt, even both!

Senior Member CnCP Addict Richard86's Avatar
    It's not universally agreed that the Birmingham Six were innocent, only that their convictions were unsafe, plenty of people in the West Midlands think they were guilty as charged. It is agreed by everyone that they had links to the IRA after all.

Aside Pruett's case has has a higher degree of scrutiny than that of the Birmingham Six did, and his murder was committed in one of the most secure environments on the planet, a Texas prison.

So why were they released eventually on appeal? Because the PC Plods had made up the confessions! And if plenty of people in the West Midlands are against that, it means they do not accept the rule of the law! And six innocent people would have hung if the event had happened some 10 years earlier, a fatal miscarriage of justice.

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information