Thread: Garcia, Avila And Garcia Sentenced/Gonzalez-Muniz And Figueroa Charged In 2020 TX Double Murder

Garcia, Avila And Garcia Sentenced/Gonzalez-Muniz And Figueroa Charged In 2020 TX Double Murder

E8E9674C-1F7E-4A5A-A2B1-AC41A10721B0.jpg
    Suspects

5 Charged With Capital Murder In Shooting Deaths Of 2 Young Men At Dallas Gas Station Friday
    May 16, 2020

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Five people — three of them in their teens — have each been charged with capital murder in the shooting deaths of two young men at a gas station in Dallas early Friday morning, police said.

Police said they responded to the shooting at around 6:30 a.m. at an Exxon station at 9199 Bruton Road. Arriving officers found two victims, 17-year-old Jason Baez and 21-year-old Cristian Marmolejo, dead in the parking lot from gunshot wounds.

Through the investigation, police said the two young men were sitting in the front seat of a car with two women in the back seat in the parking lot. At some point, a red Dodge Charger went into the lot and parked in front of the victims’ car.

According to police, three armed suspects got out of the Charger and a confrontation began between them and the two victims.

Police said the two victims tried to run away but were then shot outside their car. They were pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said the two women inside the victims’ car then got out and went into the Charger. The three other suspects got back into the Charger and sped away from the scene.

The Charger soon crashed in the 8900 block of Shorelark Drive, police said. According to police, a witness called authorities after seeing the five people getting out of the car and running away.

Police said officers eventually found the five suspects hiding in a nearby shed. They were taken to police headquarters for questioning.

Ultimately, police determined the five suspects should be charged for the murders of the two victims. Further information on each of their involvement was not immediately released.

All five were booked into Dallas County Jail and each were charged with capital murder.

They were identified as Luis Gonzalez-Muniz, 20, Jose Garcia, 18, Christopher Avila, 21, Dunia Figueroa, 18 and Laysha Garcia, 19.

Bonds of $1 million were set for Gonzalez-Muniz, Jose Garcia and Avila; $750,000 for Figueroa; $500,000 for Laysha Garcia.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/05/16/...s-station/?amp
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 09-21-2021 at 12:05 AM.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Jose Garcia sentenced to LWOP on 5/26/22

https://inmate.tdcj.texas.gov/Inmate...n?sid=18634858

Christopher Avila sentenced to LWOP on 8/31/22

https://inmate.tdcj.texas.gov/Inmate...n?sid=18053870

Laysha Garcia sentenced to 45 years on 11/3/22

https://inmate.tdcj.texas.gov/Inmate...n?sid=18634847
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Thread Information