Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Darlie Lynn Routier - Texas Death Row

Senior Member CnCP Addict Stro07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maybeacomedian View Post
    Does the child have to be less than 6 years to meet the aggravation requirement for a Capital case?
    Yes.

Senior Member CnCP Addict Richard86's Avatar
    As for motive; what about her son's recent diagnosis of leukemia. That in itself would be stressful.
    I thought the leukaemia diagnosis was current (i.e. 2013) and not prior to the murder? The motive looks like general stress and wanting a way out of the difficulties the family were facing. Similar motive to Willingham if you ask me.

Definitely a narcissistic woman!

If I made a mistake on including the cancer diagnosis for a reason she may have killed, I apologize. I still say she is 100% guilty, the forensics alone don't match with what she said.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member CnCP Addict maybeacomedian's Avatar
    What I find strange is that she allegedly awoke to Damon tapping her on the shoulder and saying, "Mommy". But somehow being stabbed in the arm and being cut on the throat didn't wake her up...

That doesn't necessarily make her account false, if she genuinely was attacked by an intruder the experience would probably be so traumatic that she wouldn't remember it in a rational order.

The lack of physical evidence for anyone else in the property is what makes her account false! Unless her husband was the "intruder" and is very smart indeed and has framed his wife... although I don't think there's any evidence for that either.

I never said, nor implied, that it is proof of guilt, or that it necessarily makes her account false. I was simply saying that I found that detail to be peculiar.

I didn't mean to suggest that you did. I only wanted to be devils advocate for her side of the story. Strange inconsistencies in her story like that alone wouldn't necessarily mean I'd assume she was lying if I were a juror.

I found it more peculiar that she was obsessed with having picked up the knife, that would be the least of my worries if someone had slashed my throat and stabbed my children to death!

Yeah, I agree that the extensiveness of the knife discussion in Darlie's 911 call was very peculiar. Those recordings of the 911 calls can really sway a jury.

One example of that is the Dr. Martin McNeill trial; I think that the recordings of his 911 call probably sealed his guilt in the minds of any jurors who may have been on the fence. It was bizarre, his demeanor was angry, he hung up on the 911 dispatcher and the dispatcher had to call back, he claimed he was doing CPR but the forensic evidence did not support that claim, he actively avoided giving his home address (that's where the emergency was) when the dispatcher asked for it, and he did not do anything that a trained, experienced medical professional (he was a licensed physician for years) would know to do in a medical crisis situation.

Judge Orders More DNA Testing For Convicted Rowlett Murderer

DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – A Dallas County judge has signed off on more DNA testing for convicted murderer Darlie Routier of Rowlett.

Routier is on death row for the 1996 murder of her son.

Defense attorneys are hoping a new round of tests on the murder weapon, clothes and linens will show a stranger’s DNA. But former prosecutor Toby Shook says more times than not the tests come back negative.

Shook says DNA testing is a slow process and will push the execution date back further, but adds “The way the law is now, no one is going to rush through this thing, there will be plenty of testing done.”

Routier was convicted in 1997 of killing her 5-year-old son Damon a year earlier. She was also was charged with killing Damon’s 6-year-old brother, Devon, but was not tried for the death.

Routier contends an unidentified intruder killed the boys and stabbed her in their home.

Her husband Darin Routier filed for divorce in June 2011 – but he still believed she was innocent.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/08/04/j...lett-murderer/

Here's a fantastic analysis of Darlie's 911 call. It's a bit lengthy, but definitely worth the read.

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.c...-language.html

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information