Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: John Henry Ramirez - Texas Execution - October 5, 2022

Distributed for conference May 15, 2020

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/19-6426.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Junior Member Newbie
    I can't believe a person got killed just for $1.25... I don't want to... And there will be 2 PEOPLE DEAD for $1.25 soon. What a world we are living in

Quote Originally Posted by Opinions View Post
    I’m not gonna apologize for offending your delicate sensibilities, bc that’s your problem, not mine, BUT when I read-read, I can see how my wording was insensitive and it was honestly not meant quite the way it came out. My opinion/wording came from what I saw of him, his family and the victims family on Life and Death Row. I don’t recall the exact details, I just remember that, compared to other DP cases, this one didn’t seem like “the worst of the worst,” which is what the DP is supposed to be for. I can usually see why the DA would pursue the DP in the cases they choose to do so, but this one, I didn’t quite get what stood out about it compared to other murders/murderers that receive life sentences.
    That’s all.

I didn’t realize that (the stabbed 29 times). I didn’t realize he robbed 2 other ppl that night, either.

Not that I entirely believe him, but the documentary I saw about this case, JR said he saw the victim beating up a woman or something and that was never contradicted. So I wasn’t sure what to believe, it left some doubt in my mind about what happened that night and it left me with the impression that maybe he hadn’t meant to kill him, so I thought maybe the taking the dollar was kind of an afterthought when he realized the dude was dead, like a, “well, he’s dead, might as well check his pockets.” After watching, I came away not knowing what to believe and thinking the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle of JR’s version of events the the DA’s version of events and I wasn’t sure which side the truth leaned more towards. I didn’t realize he’d also robbed 2 other ppl that night.

And for the record, when re-reading, I can see how my earlier post came off as insensitive.
    Let’s hope someone you love never gets murdered over couch/pocket change.

Senior Member Frequent Poster stixfix69's Avatar
    I have said it before, and I will say it again. Any thug who commits a murder, rape+murder, child killer in any state with the DP, should not be surprised if they get sentenced to death. Many who deserve it reach plea deals, or ultra liberal judges, and should consider themselves lucky. Every DP prisoner has a back story, and most aren't pretty, but it doesn't justify the crimes that take the lives of innocent men,women, or children.

Execution called off because of COVID-19

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...94679.89.0.pdf

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Senior Member Frequent Poster NanduDas's Avatar
    From the trial court too, wow.
    "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." -Theodore Roosevelt

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Texas will have only 3 executions this year (Gardner, Ochoa, Wardlow).

Unless Trevino goes, cause I believe Bexar County has it out for him, just like McLennon did with Coble

Lol I figured they’d do this again

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Counties need to start seeking execution dates for 2021. If they start doing so seriously, we could have a year to remember in Texas.
    Last edited by Mastro Titta; 08-14-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information