Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Rodell Reed - Texas Death Row

He wasn't granted defense attorneys until January 29, 1998 and his trial was in May. I can't find anything about them demanding for a speedy trial.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    I mean for the rapes for which he was never tried. My understanding is that his attorneys would have the chance to object and demand trial, in which case going forward now would be an egregious 6th Amendment violation, whereas if they did not, such a claim would be harder to make.

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    I wouldn't say that seeking death again would be pointless because of long time. Mark Soliz has been executed after 7 years, and he wasn't even a volunteer.

Soliz was placed on the Tarrant Rocket docket. The DP won't even exist in seven years at this rate, Texas can barely even carry out half of their scheduled executions anymore.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Mike, right now Harris County has 30 death row offenders awaiting execution with no movement. The likelihood of Harris County getting a grip is zero for the next year or two. It's ridiculous that a DA will NOT seek execution dates for all or any eligible for execution. The latest offender was Dexter Darnell Johnson, that was stayed by a federal judge twice. Creuzot in Dallas is the driving force like no other.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    I can see Creuzot and Ogg squaring off for the Democrat AG nomination in an election cycle or two. Their warrant-seeking behavior will be part of their jockeying for an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Soliz was placed on the Tarrant Rocket docket. The DP won't even exist in seven years at this rate, Texas can barely even carry out half of their scheduled executions anymore.
    Soliz was in Johnson County, unless he was given a change of venue to Tarrant.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

They are right next to each other, share the same federal district, and probably a number of local judges as well. Fort Worth metropolitan rocket docket then.

Member Member
    I don’t know what to think about this one. I think RRR was very likely a serial rapist. A killer? I don’t know.
    A former co-worker of Stacey Stites has recently come forward and said that Stacey told her she was having an affair with a black guy. Is this co-worker telling the truth or does she just want her 15 minutes? Who knows? Only she knows that, I suppose.
    But something in my gut tells me she’s lying. She said they were not close, they were just co-workers who were friendly. Why would Stacey Stites tell a work acquaintance she wasn’t close with about cheating on her fiancée and not tell her close friends? Or if she did tell her close friends, in all these years, they have yet to come forward and say so.
    Another reason I think he may have done it is because he claimed he was sleeping with the victim in another rape he was accused of. Idk.
    I want to believe him, but it’s just weird.
    You’d think it’d be pretty easy to prove you at least knew this woman if y’all had an affair for 6 months. You may not know everything, but you’d know something that would prove you knew her beforehand - what brand of cigs she smokes, what her hair looked like 6 months ago (was it the same? Different?), what her favorite drink is, her phone number (this was before cell phones, so you actually hadda memorize phone numbers), SOMETHING. You’d think you’d be able to prove it. And for some reason, he’s never been able to convincingly do so.
    He also looked pretty surprised when Dr. Phil told him that Stacey’s former co-worker had recently come forward and said Stacey had told her about him. Like one of those, “huh? Wow, ok...I’ll take it!”
    But I guess there is enough reasonable doubt to press pause. I think they should test the belt.
    But I can think of a lot better possibly-innocent cases than this one, ones that did not receive this kind of support and attention. Smh.
    Last edited by Opinions; 11-18-2019 at 12:36 AM.

Why would Stacey Stites tell a work acquaintance she wasn’t close with about cheating on her fiancée and not tell her close friends?
    I will explain it to you. If I cheat on my couple, I have a remorse. It causes tension in my soul. I want to tell someone. I want to talk about my tensions. But close friends who know my couple are dangerous. They can gossip it to him. I am ashamed. A colleague who is not a member of the group of my or our friends is a much better choice. If I trust her. She is like a psychologist. It is easier to talk about it with a stranger. This is how the human psyche works.
    ✹ Sorry for my terrible English ✹

🐰 I am really afraid of the needles, drowning, burning, pain, sharks and spiders. So the death row is not my place. Although there are no sharks there.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information