Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Rodell Reed - Texas Death Row

This is the most interesting death penalty case in years. As of November 15, 2019, a 120-day reprieve was issued and stayed pending further order of the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.

https://files.deathpenaltyinfo.org/d...2019-11-15.pdf
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

120 days or indefinite time? Everyone speaks about different period.
    ✹ Sorry for my terrible English ✹

🐰 I am really afraid of the needles, drowning, burning, pain, sharks and spiders. So the death row is not my place. Although there are no sharks there.

It was stayed indefinitely.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

And what is the next step? Will be the whole case investigated again? Just the murder or all his crime, including the sexual violences?

🐰 I am really afraid of the needles, drowning, burning, pain, sharks and spiders. So the death row is not my place. Although there are no sharks there.

No the TCCA sent it back to trial court. They will make decision on what will be done which will take about a year or two. After that a lot of things could happen, if they drop charges they will instantly charge him with all the rapes he committed and since he's a pedophile he won't have a fun time in general pop.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

A year or two? Oh. It is very long time. I am so curious what is the end of his story.

What are the options?

1. New execution date later.
    2. Living in prison forever.
    3. Getting out of prison.

Are all options possible? Or just 1, 2?

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    No the TCCA sent it back to trial court. They will make decision on what will be done which will take about a year or two. After that a lot of things could happen, if they drop charges they will instantly charge him with all the rapes he committed and since he's a pedophile he won't have a fun time in general pop.

Are indictments still pending or were charges withdrawn?

There are several options:

1. Stay uplifted by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals (TCCA)
    2. Bastrop County DA sets a new execution date
    3. Texas Court of Criminal Appeals reduces Reed's death sentence to Life without Parole (LWOP)
    4. Reed has a new trial and a new jury in Bastrop County
    5. A new trial in the penalty phase, Reed would either be re-sentenced to death by lethal injection or LWOP
    6. Gov. Abbott or the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles Board would commute his death sentence to LWOP
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

There's no statue of limitations on rape where DNA was collected in Texas so, those DA's will probably seek charges if it looks like he's getting off. No point in retrying him for the DP he won't get executed at the rate Texas is turning.

The charges were withdrawn.

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    Was there any objection by the defense and demand for speedy trial presented?

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information