Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Rodell Reed - Texas Death Row

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Does anyone think Abbott will grant a reprieve?
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

Member Newbie
    Its possible...due to the amount of attention his case is bringing

Does anyone think Abbott will grant a reprieve?
    Yes, because I am going on holiday on November 20th for 5 days, so I cannot watch the events. Okay, yes, because of the community pressure. It is important for Abbott that Texas' reputation is not damaged. And he wants to remain governor.
    ✹ Sorry for my terrible English ✹

🐰 I am really afraid of the needles, drowning, burning, pain, sharks and spiders. So the death row is not my place. Although there are no sharks there.

Yes. Almost certainly.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Frequent Poster NanduDas's Avatar
    Stayed by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.

"After reviewing the application, we find that Applicant’s Brady, false testimony, and actual innocence claims satisfy the requirements of Article 11.071 § 5. Accordingly, we remand those claims to the trial court for further development."

https://www.scribd.com/document/435195504/Reed-Order
    Last edited by NanduDas; 11-15-2019 at 05:40 PM.
    "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." -Theodore Roosevelt

People only think he’s innocent because he’s black. There I said it

Its not his skin colour, its reasonable doubt. There are some who think Glossip on OK DR is innocent. And he's white.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    Not being able to rule out the initial suspect quite so easily is problematic...first I've heard of a Brady violation - anyone know what was allegedly withheld?

I know that’s not the only reason. I’m just saying if you go to places like Facebook and Twitter, you’re gonna find dozens of comments about what I just said

As for Richard Glossip, I understand why people think he’s innocent. There’s no evidence tying him to the murder other than the “hitman’s“ testimony

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    I won't go singing Glossip's innocence from the rafters, because there is a chance he did it, but the case seems so underwhelming that it is doubtful 12 people plus alternates should have been exposed to it.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information