Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Rodell Reed - Texas Death Row

Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    I will explain it to you. If I cheat on my couple, I have a remorse. It causes tension in my soul. I want to tell someone. I want to talk about my tensions. But close friends who know my couple are dangerous. They can gossip it to him. I am ashamed. A colleague who is not a member of the group of my or our friends is a much better choice. If I trust her. She is like a psychologist. It is easier to talk about it with a stranger. This is how the human psyche works.
    really? see, in my experience, it's the opposite. i've had friends who cheat on their boyfriends/fiancees, they tell me and in my experience, close friends tell each other. especially when you're 19 and your friends don't even like him. the person being cheated on is always the last to know and usually, the whole group of friends knows before them.

but perhaps not everyone works that way. but it's possible that she didn't have close friends, so she just told her female co-worker who she was friendly with, instead. it's also possible that she did tell close friends and they just didn't wanna come forward, for whatever reason. it's all possible.

i just feel like, if you've been having an ongoing affair/relationship with someone for 6 months, as RRR claims was the case, it's pretty easy to prove you knew them. like one guy i was briefly seeing (for like 3 months, so shorter than RRR claims his relationship was with SS), should anyone ever ask, i can easily prove that i've spent some time with him (aside from texts and phone calls, which weren't a thing back in 1995, when RRR was convicted, since barely anyone had a cell phone and no one knew anything about text messages yet). as a result of our 3 month little fling, i can tell you his birthday, his age, where he's from, where he lives, who he lives with and where he works. i can tell you he barely drinks, hates going to clubs and smokes a ton of weed (specifically, blunts, and buys cigarillos to roll them) and loved to play Grand Theft Auto (video game). i can tell you what kinda music he likes and what radio station he generally preferred. i can tell you how he got the scar on his upper right arm and shoulder. I can tell you why he and his dad had that big argument back in january. point being: i can tell you things that somebody who has never spent any time with him wouldn't be able to tell you as proof I've spent time with him, we are not strangers. why couldn't RRR ever do that? Why couldn't he ever prove that he and SS weren't strangers? I just feel like, it's not that hard to prove you've spent time with someone, even if the relationship was fairly brief.

i could be wrong, though. i honestly don't know what to think. i hear a lot of convincing evidence on both sides.
    Last edited by Opinions; 11-23-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Senior Member Member
    This shouldn't surprise us, but Rodney Reed's wikipedia page keeps getting whitewashed of his history as a serial rapist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Rodney_Reed

His Wikipedia page was protected from unregistered edits while his date was looming. Guess we know why now.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

DENIED: TX appeals court will not rehear Rodney Reed’s latest motion on judge’s appointment

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals issued a one-word ruling to Rodney Reed Wednesday morning: DENIED.
    Reed’s attorneys argued in the Nov. 22 motion that the appeals court should “excise” this line from the court’s Nov. 15 order to stay Reed’s execution that also kept Judge Doug Shaver on the case:

“If Judge Shaver chooses to discontinue his assignment in this case, then the regional presiding judge, the Hon. Olen Underwood, shall appoint or otherwise determine who is assigned to this case.”

TX Court of Criminal Appeals Nov. 15, 2019 order

In a new order handed down Wednesday morning, the justices refused to reconsider their ruling.

Shaver, a retired district court judge, was appointed for a one-day hearing in Reed’s death penalty case in 2014 after Reed’s lawyers filed a motion arguing the trial judge at the time had a conflict. That judge, Reva Towslee-Corbett, voluntarily stepped down from the case over concerns she held a potential conflict of interest.

Towslee-Corbett’s father, Harold Towslee, was Reed’s trial judge who presided over Reed’s 1998 conviction for murdering Stacey Stites in Bastrop. That same jury decided Reed should die for his crimes and he’s sat on Texas’s death row ever since.

Towslee-Corbett would have been required to rule on motions that could have put her in a position to make decisions on her father’s decisions in the case. Despite Shaver’s one day appointment, he handed down orders in the case years after his 2014 appointment and still presided over the case as of Nov. 21, 2019. Shaver also signed Reed’s execution order on July 23, 2019, then sent his boss an email 17 days later questioning his own ability to rule on cases.

“This has been an extremely difficult decision for me. I believe that I am still in excess condition mentally and physical [sic]. The problem is that I simply have been lucky to get old, I have been in fear that I would or would not do something that could affect the outcome of some important legal matter,” Shaver wrote in an August 9 email to Third Judicial Administrative Region Presiding Judge Billy Ray Stubblefield.

When the appeals court stayed Reed’s execution in the Nov. 15 order, the court remanded several items back to the Bastrop County District Court for decisions. In that order, the justices acknowledged that Judge Shaver continued to be the duly appointed judge in the case until Judge Olen Underwood terminated Shaver’s appointment.

Underwood is the presiding judge of the Second Administrative Judicial Region, which is where Bastrop County is located.

Underwood issued an assignment order on Nov. 22, terminating Shaver’s appointment and handed the Reed case over to J.D. Langley, a Texas district court judge who retired in 2014. Langley, like Shaver at the time, is included on a list of retired judges who can be assigned to help hear cases in counties experiencing a backlog.

Reed’s attorney believes the elected judge in Bastrop County, Judge Carson Campbell, should be the person presiding over the Reed case. “There is a constitutionally-based and straightforward presumption that the duly-elected district court judge has both the authority and obligation to resolve matters in his district court,” Reed’s attorney wrote in his Nov. 21 motion to the appeals court.

The appeals court did not agree.

The next steps in Reed’s case will happen in Bastrop County which includes a decision on whether new statements Reed’s attorney collected could impact his conviction and chance for a new trial.

There are no hearing dates set as of this report.

(source:KXAN News)
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Member GASMANDIRTY's Avatar
    I thought this situation was turning into Troy Davis again. These part time activists really need to understand. The people who committed these crimes took someone's love ones. Just because you wanna have your picture or name in the news, please consider the victims and their families.

Member Member
    That’s a very 1-sided perspective. Who says they don’t care about the victim or her family? I think they do it because they truly believe he is innocent. Based on the evidence I’ve seen, I personally do not. But I can see how people who do believe that would want to fight what they perceive as an injustice.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Nope they do it to feel hip and to prove they are on the “right side of history” or some other meaningless tripe. These people are a result of a society that puts victim hood on a pedestal and in order to get validation you have to prove either how much of a victim you are or how much of an “activist” you can be.

Junior Member Newbie
    I do not know if he really committed this felony murder rape but he most certainly was a rapist before. I do not agree with the capital punishment anyway but anti DP guys better work for the ones with no prior criminal record and strong innocence claim first.

Quote Originally Posted by umut View Post
    anti DP guys better work for the ones with no prior criminal record and strong innocence claim first.
    I am too busy to search nowadays, anyone know somebody like this?

Member Member
    I personally believe Lester Bower was innocent, but he was executed a few years ago, so there isn’t much anyone can do now. I can’t think of anyone else, but I don’t know about every single DR inmate or their cases. There are cases I can think of where I believe the accused played a minimal role in the murder and shouldn’t be on DR, though and I’m sure there are others who have a good case for innocent.

As for RR, I personally believe he is responsible for SS’s murder. I wanted to believe him, but watching his interview with Dr. Phil, IDK, my gut feeling was he’s lying. I also believe he was a serial rapist beforehand. I don’t really care if he lives or dies, my life will be no different either way, but there’s no doubt in my mind he belongs in prison.

Member Newbie
    Is there a YouTube video link for his interview? i cannot find it

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information