Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Rick Allan Rhoades - Texas Execution - September 28, 2021

Is this guy filing any Chaplin related appeals? I haven’t seen any indication he is.

Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsicles View Post
    Not all of them do that. The parole board has only recommended clemency three times since 1982. Most of them ask the TCCA for a stay because they know that court is full of a bunch of jokers. Then they go for SCOTUS. It’s not often that they ask the federal courts for a stay, because SCOTUS can lift it
    Was just wondering why I don’t often hear about inmates petitioning for clemency. I hear about nearly all of them asking for stays in various courts, but I don’t hear about them asking for clemency nearly as often. I wonder why that is. With nothing to lose, you’d think they’d try every last option.

Quote Originally Posted by Opinions View Post
    Was just wondering why I don’t often hear about inmates petitioning for clemency. I hear about nearly all of them asking for stays in various courts, but I don’t hear about them asking for clemency nearly as often. I wonder why that is. With nothing to lose, you’d think they’d try every last option.
    Most do. It just doesn't make news because denial is a foregone conclusion/preordained outcome in virtually every single case in Texas.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Writ of habeas corpus and stay of execution denied by the TCCA

https://search.txcourts.gov/handdown...ate=09/20/2021
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

On September 20, 2021, Rhoades filed an appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/ci...s/ca5/21-70007

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Senior Member Member
    It’s gonna be close. If all proceeds , the 130th harris county execution.

Senior Member Member
    so could this dude suddenly decide "I got a religion now"? What are the chances of this happening?

The chaplain card is usually used when there’s no other way out. John Ramirez and Ruben Gutierrez knew that they were dead if they didn’t think of something so they decided to take a lesson from their buddy Patrick Murphy. Quintin Jones thought that his family’s forgiveness would get him commuted but it didn’t. John Hummel tried to get a stay from COVID-19 but when it failed he decided to accept his punishment. If they had played the chaplain card both might still be alive

It's 3 days away so we'll if he pulls a last minute chaplain card. If not he's done for.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Member
    Who knows? She did seek a date for dextar Johnson after all .

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information