Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mark Allen Robertson - Texas Death Row

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    While a defendant should not benefit from his own attorney's misconduct, that the prosecution was in cahoots with this scheme suggests that a third trial may be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I did say in 2018 that Robertson's execution would get stayed. The racist ideology claim will be overturned. There should a multicultural jury in all death penalty cases to withdraw these bogus claims in the future.
    It's kind of funny how President Trump got accused of racism for saying a Mexican-American judge couldn't be fair to him; whereas, it's perfectly okay for the powers-that-be to opine that an all-white jury just can't be fair to a black defendant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I did say in 2018 that Robertson's execution would get stayed. The racist ideology claim will be overturned. There should a multicultural jury in all death penalty cases to withdraw these bogus claims in the future.
    Doesn't matter if a jury is 7 blacks, if a jury has so much as a single white person on the jury, these racist claims will be used and judges will grant stays. You can't placate this bs.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Frequent Poster schmutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    It's kind of funny how President Trump got accused of racism for saying a Mexican-American judge couldn't be fair to him; whereas, it's perfectly okay for the powers-that-be to opine that an all-white jury just can't be fair to a black defendant.
    This is less a matter of fairness to the defendant than a matter of protecting the long-denied right of black people to serve on juries. If forcing retrials isn't enough perhaps suspensions from the bar should be in order, and sometimes retrials are the only recourse when the offending attorneys are deceased.

Nobody has a constitutional right or a legal right to be on a jury. If we want to go on about how the prosecution strikes so many blacks from the jury selection we could talk about how the defense attorneys specifically in this county strike whites with 82% of their strikes. Only the prosecution is suppose to have a reason as to why they strike jurors and if you read the habeas petitions on these cases and they are challenged the reasons can be read. As we saw with Christopher Anthony Young his defense claimed "racism" solely because most of his jurors were white. The Black jurors that were struck were because of bias that was showed.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ed-1926933.php
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Remanded to the trial court on a Batson claim today.

https://www.txcourts.gov/media/14483...der-7-1-20.pdf

Robertson is one of the inmates suing Texas over solitary confinement.

https://www.hoganlovells.com/-/media...ledversion.pdf
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information