Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Trevino - Texas Death Row

On August 21, 2017, the Fifth Circuit DENIED Trevino's petition for en banc rehearing.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/17-6883.html

Scotus denies death row inmate Carlos Trevino's petition (17–6883) re: mitigating evidence. Would have been his second SCOTUS case. SS dissents w/ RBG

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/060418zor_3cp3.pdf …
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Bexar County is one of the best execution counties in Texas, and this clown has been a huge thorn in the side. The DA needs to hurry up and get him a death warrant.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Scotus denies death row inmate Carlos Trevino's petition (17–6883) re: mitigating evidence. Would have been his second SCOTUS case. SS dissents w/ RBG

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/060418zor_3cp3.pdf …
    JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR, with whom JUSTICE GINSBURG joins, dissenting from the denial of certiorari.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Senior Member Frequent Poster NanduDas's Avatar
    Trevino has received an execution date of March 12, 2020.

https://mobile.twitter.com/keribla/s...31125645053952
    "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." -Theodore Roosevelt

Correction: TDCJ says Trevino is scheduled to die on March 11, not March 12.

https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/death_row...xecutions.html
    "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer." -Theodore Roosevelt

Is anyone else irritated at the fact they gave him a March execution date in September when they could have given him a January one? I don't get Texas' randomness sometimes. This is an example why they've been having less executions a year now

The Bexar County DA who signed off on the death warrant has to set a date between 91 to 180 days.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsicles View Post
    Is anyone else irritated at the fact they gave him a March execution date in September when they could have given him a January one? I don't get Texas' randomness sometimes. This is an example why they've been having less executions a year now
    Wardlow and Mays were also set pretty far ahead with no clear reason why. I’m guessing TDCJ has their own issues that the DAs need to work around. They probably coordinate good choices for dates before making a formal request.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information