Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coy Wayne Wesbrook - Texas Execution - March 9, 2016

Junior Member Stranger
    It may be a federal court that stays a few (or orders TCCA to do something on remand).

Wesbrook's story comes straight out of a sleazy romance novel. If I was going to go back to an ex's house to reconcile and saw three other men there, I ain't staying. That right there may be enough proof that his elevator didn't go to the top floor. So he may get it.

I'm hoping that Battaglia doesn't successfully argue bipolar. I have a friend who has bipolar and had a contentious relationship with her ex, but she never wanted to kill her daughter in revenge.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Actually the fact that Westbrook left and then came back with the weapon is prove of premeditation and intent which would discount any argument of retardation and/or emotional distress. Fact is he killed them because he was angery she'd left him and moved on, ask me he especially deserves to die since he end 3 innoncet lives simply because he couldn't accept that he was not irreplaceable

Tbh i feel that morally Wesbrook isn't as bad as lot of the people scheduled for execution in Texas

Senior Member Frequent Poster stixfix69's Avatar
    I agree, she was pretty much putting it in his face.....Very surprised if what his reason is true, that the jury didn't take that into consideration.......

He killed five people. Two of the victims weren't involved in the cheating.
    Last edited by Mike; 02-14-2016 at 10:25 PM.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

He went there hoping to reconcile, she had sex to humiliate him, he tried to leave but the one guy took his keys. I actually feel a little sorry for him. He isn't as bad as the other 9 scheduled tx executions

After looking at the filings he did a lot of other things, this wasn't spur of the moment here.
    • He cut the phone lines of the victim Gloria Cruz.
    • He attempted to burn down his landlords apartment because they evicted him
    • He was planning to hire people to murder his first ex wife (whom isn't the one he murdered) and her husband.
    • He was also planning to hire people to murder three others as well. Which was recorded by the police. This is the reason that he got Death instead of Life.

Here's his plan to murder others.

Phillp Jones was an Informant for the police.
    "Jones was Placed in Wesbrook's cell block on June 11, 1998. By that time Wesbrook's trial had started. Wesbrook told Jones he wanted three more people added to the list of persons he wanted to have killed. Wesbrook gave Jones a list of those he wanted killed and the type of car each person drove. Jones arranged to have Johnson speak to Wesbrook on the telephone and Wesbrook told Johnson what he wanted, The next day, Wesbrook was placed in contact with Johnson again and he told Johnson he wanted to call off the plan because he was afraid the call was being taped by jailers. Wesbrook's conversations were recorded."

Jones also testified that Wesbrook was telling him that was going to offer his truck to two of his cousins if they would kill his ex wife and her husband. This wasn't recorded though.

So he committed these five murders and wanted a further 5 done while he was on trial for the 5. You shouldn't feel sorry for this man he clearly doesn't value human life.

https://docs.justia.com/cases/federa...0024/920091027
    Last edited by Mike; 02-15-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

I didn't think he was really that deserving of the DP then GameCube brings up those facts which clearly show he is a danger to society and must be put down.

I didn't know all these facts GameCube brought up. Now I don't feel bad for him and I don't think he'll be able to play the tard card. Did he kill 4 or 5 though because I've heard 4 in some accounts and 5 in others

Senior Member Frequent Poster stixfix69's Avatar
    I was going on what i read in here, he might be worthy of the needle, but his ex sure did some things that would make most ex's pretty pissed off....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information