Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Clinton Lee Young - Texas

Death sentence vacated by the TCCA.

https://search.txcourts.gov/handdown...ate=09/22/2021

ARTICLE 11.071 APPLICATION FOR WRIT OF HABEAS CORPUS DISMISSED WITH WRITTEN ORDER:

https://search.txcourts.gov/handdown...ate=09/22/2021

I suppose this was on a separate issue.
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 09-22-2021 at 09:07 AM.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Death row inmate Clinton Young back in Midland

MRT

Death row inmate Clinton Lee Young has been transported back to Midland County to await his new trial, according to Midland County Jail records.

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals on Sept. 22 tossed a capital murder conviction and granted a new trial for Young, the death row inmate who was convicted by a Midland County jury in 2003, according to a previous Reporter-Telegram article.

Young was sentenced to death for killing Doyle Douglas, 41, and Samuel Petrey, 52, for the use of their vehicles during a 48-hour crime spree. Petrey was kidnapped in his hometown of Eastland and killed in an oilfield near Midland.

The appeals court overturned Young’s conviction because of a revelation that then-assistant district attorney Ralph Petty, who helped prosecute Young, was also moonlighting as a judicial clerk for the same trial.

https://www.mrt.com/news/crime/artic...o-16585747.php
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Member
    So is young guilty or ?

He’s guilty.

Just read that bond has been set for Young pending retrial.

Update on Young: He’s been bonded out of jail and apparently has been given an Iphone. A video is being circulated of him excited to touch grass for the first time in 20 years. He had steak, pizza and onion rings for dinner and he wants to start a TikTok.

https://twitter.com/keribla/status/1...265479681?s=21

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Former death row inmate Clinton Young released on bond

By Mercedes Cordero
    Midland Reporter-Telegram

Former death row inmate Clinton Lee Young has been released on bond, after almost 20 years on death row.

Young was released Thursday on a $150,000 bond after being transported in early November back to Midland County to await his new trial.

The Clinton Young Foundation posted a video on its Facebook page with the caption "It’s not a win until my feet touch grass. After 20 years on death row, Clinton was finally released on bond today."

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals on Sept. 22 tossed a capital murder conviction and granted a new trial for Young, the death row inmate who was convicted by a Midland County jury in 2003, according to a previous Reporter-Telegram article.

Young was sentenced to death for killing Doyle Douglas, 41, and Samuel Petrey, 52, for the use of their vehicles during a 48-hour crime spree. Petrey was kidnapped in his hometown of Eastland and killed in an oilfield near Midland.

The appeals court overturned Young’s conviction because of a revelation that then assitant district attorney Ralph Petty, who helped prosecute Young, was also moonlighting as a judicial clerk for the same trial.

https://www.mrt.com/news/crime/artic...n-16793708.php
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

It was unlikely anyway but that should be the final nail in the coffin of any possibility of a second death sentence for Young. You can't really argue beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a future danger to society if you released him on bond. I think there is a very strong chance that the case could get dismissed outright because of the misconduct from the prosecutor or pled down to something like time served.

Litteral 70s repeat here letting a dude convicted of two murders out on bail.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Newbie
    I doubt the state will dismiss the charges. Another death sentence doubtful, but he was with his co-defendant, also convicted, when both victims were murdered. Enjoy your time outside the walls of prison. It'stemporary. .

Junior Member Stranger
    I don't think State of Texas will be able to pull off any more prison time for Clinton after the shamefull way they have dealt with his case along the way, even on appeal.

Of the four involved in the first murder, one (Darnell) wasn't even charged; the other, Mark, who admitted shooting the victim, is already out after serving 7 years of a 15 year sentence; and David Page - who new upcoming evidence and witnesses show to be the actual killer in both murders - got 15 to 30 years for KIDNAPPING.

The State could have been harsh on the four guys from the get go and get murder convictions and long sentences for all of them. Instead, decided to be lenient to three of them, for the sake of a fragile story - based on fragile testimonies - that would get Clinton a death sentence.

Fair or not, from now on, the prosecution's conduct towards Clinton will have to be proportional to how it was to the other participants.

My guess is the State will offer Clinton a deal for a guilty plea with time served and that will be it. Otherwise he will be eventually acquitted of murder on a jury trial.

Without the possibility of charging David Page or Mark Ray again, there won't be anybody left to be punished accordingly for the two lives that were taken.

Shame on Midland County to let the other guys loose!
    Last edited by Felipe; 02-10-2022 at 10:46 AM.

If I’m not mistaken, Young was the mastermind behind the murders which is why they went after him the hardest

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information