Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Jarvis Atwood - Arizona Execution - June 8, 2022

Senior Member Member
    It's absurd for the attorney to try to argue for a method of execution not among the given options, which are lethal injection or gas chamber with cyanide. He wasn't given the option of gas chamber with nitrogen. If you get to choose your method of execution, they should all do as that one court jester did when the king sentenced him to death but gave him the option of how to die. He responded, "Of old age." Same here. if you get to choose anything, you get to choose something absurd.

Senior Member Member
    the best thing i can say about this one is "beggars can't be choosy"

Arizona death-row inmate unanimously denied clemency ahead of June execution

By abc15.com staff

PHOENIX — A board has unanimously denied Frank Atwood clemency at a hearing Tuesday afternoon.

In September 1984, Frank Atwood kidnapped and murdered 8-year-old Vicki Lynn Hoskinson, whose body was later found in the Tucson desert a year later.

“Arizona confirmed its resolute message to a child rapist and killer today,” said Attorney General Mark Brnovich. “It’s high time to accept responsibility for your heinous crimes.”

Atwood is scheduled to be executed on June 8, 2022.

If Atwood's execution continues as scheduled, his will be the second execution for the state since 2014, with the first having occurred earlier this month.

https://www.abc15.com/news/crime/ari...tion?_amp=true
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Stay of execution denied by the Ninth Circuit.

SCOTUS is his last chance now.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...022-05-27.html

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

Court declines to hear arguments for condemned Arizona man

PHOENIX (AP) — A federal appeals court has denied a request by lawyers for an Arizona man facing execution this month to be allowed to make new arguments in an effort to overturn his death sentence in the 1984 kidnapping and killing of an 8-year-old Tucson girl

The U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday denied the request made on behalf of Frank Atwood, convicted in the killing of Vicki Hoskinson. Atwood’s legal team wanted to make three new arguments, but the appeals court agreed with lawyers for the state that Atwood’s lawyers did not meet the criteria to present new evidence in federal court.

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/05/28/...d-arizona-man/

Rehearing denied by the Ninth Circuit.

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...022-05-31.html

Judge mulls Arizona prisoner’s request to delay execution

PHOENIX (AP) — A judge is considering whether to postpone the execution of an Arizona prisoner who argues the state’s death penalty procedures would violate his rights by subjecting him to unimaginable pain.

Attorneys for Frank Atwood said their client would undergo excruciating suffering if he were strapped to the execution gurney while lying on his back because he has a degenerative spinal condition that has left him in a wheelchair. Atwood is scheduled to be lethally injected Wednesday for his murder conviction in the 1984 killing of 8-year-old Vicki Hoskinson.

Prosecutors say Atwood is trying to indefinitely postpone his execution through legal maneuvers.

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/06/04/...lay-execution/

The question I have to this is, doesn't he lay in his bed to sleep?

The motion would be denied. If Atwood files to SCOTUS Monday, the likelihood would be denied. There is no excusable evidence to spare Atwood's life.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Him being in a wheelchair is no reason to delay his fate. Many death row inmates were taken to their executions in a wheelchair. Clarence Allen, Danny Bible, John Gardner, and Jack Jones being notable examples

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information