Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Capital Punishment News

Their governor doesn’t want them to resume.

ADCRR notifies Arizona's AG that it's prepared for executions after obtaining necessary drugs

PHOENIX - The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation and Reentry (ADCRR) says it is ready to start executions again.

Executions have been on hold and now the department says the necessary drugs have been obtained.

The last execution in Arizona was in 2014. Joseph Wood, a convicted killer, died nearly two hours after he was injected 15 times. Seven years later, the hold on executions is about to end.

After receiving the letter from ADCRR, Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich said, "So I'm glad now as a state we can move forward with executions in enforcing the law."

The letter stated that for months, the department was working to obtain the necessary lethal drugs to implement executions. Now Brnovich says families of victims can get the justice they've been waiting for.

"Some of these crimes.. the individuals on death row.. some of those crimes occurred back in the '70s. You have people who have been waiting for justice and it's really not fair to the families."

The AG's office is responsible for filing execution warrants with the state supreme court. Once authorized, the state will have 35 days to execute said death row inmate.

Opposing the death penalty, Jared Keenan with the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona. He says executions don't bring the closure supporters say they do.

"And realize how much money it costs and how much money is wasted seeking to execute people. I think the tide will begin to turn even in Arizona, and that's our hope."

Currently, there are 115 Arizona inmates on death row. Nearly two dozen have exhausted their appeals.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ad...ecessary-drugs
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    Let’s goooooooo
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

With 16 cert denied and 2 awaiting denial of certiorari, Arizona can execute again after a 7 year hiatus.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Will Ducey even allow these to resume? He’s been evasive about it compared to Brnovich. Brnovich has pushed to resume them and Ducey has been very lukewarm to the idea.

I think Gov. Doug Ducey will allow executions to resume post Covid-19. There is room to manoeuvre on this and executions can start by June onwards. This is a huge step forward from Joseph Wood.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Senior Member CnCP Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Will Ducey even allow these to resume? He’s been evasive about it compared to Brnovich. Brnovich has pushed to resume them and Ducey has been very lukewarm to the idea.
    Apparently, Ducey supports a resumption. There are no barriers left. Inmates like Frank Atwood wont see September 2021.
    Last edited by Julius; 03-06-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Frank Atwood hasn’t exhausted appeals. He missed the deadline to file his final appeal to SCOTUS and then when he tried to do it they rejected him. So he’s stuck in limbo right now
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

If their Supreme Court doesn’t use Covid as an excuse not to ok death warrants then I wonder if Brnovich will be this year’s Barr?

Brnovich has been pushing to execute for a long time now so I predict he’ll probably try to juice about 10 or more of those inmates this year. The Arizona Supreme Court should not use COVID as an excuse for not signing off on death warrants.
    Last edited by Neil; 03-06-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Ok no more articles on this please I think 5 is enough.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information