Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelly Renee Gissendaner - Georgia Execution - September 29, 2015

Pro - It takes time. I wouldn't expect much before the end of the year. If you want to speed it up I suggest you call the GA State Attorney General every hour until he gets the date set or a sheriff arrives at your door, in which case you don't know me....

Senior Member Member GASMANDIRTY's Avatar
    She has a very powerful defense team. Her lawyers push the state to the limit. My guess is she will get a couple of stays before she's executed.

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    My concern is the parole board.

No need to be concerned, the state of Georgia hasn't executed a female in a very long time. I don't think the Parole Board will consider her request for clemency. I think Georgia will surpass Texas this year.

Senior Member CnCP Addict Richard86's Avatar
    How often does the Georgia board grant clemency? I know they did with Waldrip, but in light of the circumstances I kinda agreed with that. Gissendaner being executed for her crime would be consistent with similar crimes in other states (such as Marilyn Plantz or Teresa Lewis), I see no reason for granting clemency, sure the trigger man got life, but he entered a plea deal, testified against her, plus she was the one who did the hiring!

Pardons and Parole will grant clemency when deemed necessary and the facts support clemency. She was involved in a murder for hire. Waldrip was a special case and as David Crowe, Daniel Green.

Georgia sets execution date for woman

A Gwinnett County judge on Monday signed an order setting the execution of of Kelly Renee Gissendaner for the end of this month, making it possible she will be the first woman Georgia has put to death since 1941.

The execution warrant sets the window for Gissendaner’s lethal injection to be during the week beginning Feb. 25. The Department of Corrections sets the specific time, usually on the first day that a judge has set aside for the execution to be carried out.

Gissendaner was convicted to persuading her boyfriend to murder her husband, Douglas, in 1997. The actual killer, Gregory Owen, helped the District Attorney’s Office with its case against Gissendaner and in exchange prosecutors did not seek the death penalty against him.

Owen is serving life in prison.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breakin...r-woman/nj7WG/
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

ProDP
    excellent news! Put it on the calendar...a female X-Chat! This is good news. Is this one a go?

Senior Member CnCP Addict Richard86's Avatar
    I think our man on the inside said Georgia has plenty of drugs, and I don't see the parole board granting clemency, so this should be a goer.

This will be Georgia's first female post Furman execution will it not?

The last woman executed in Georgia was in 1945.
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information