Thread: James Floyd Davis - North Carolina Death Row

James Floyd Davis - North Carolina Death Row

Facts of the Crime:

Convicted in 1996 of the murders of Frank Knox, 62, Gerald Allman, 52, and Tony Balogh, 42, during a May 17, 1995 shooting rampage at Union Butterfield. Davis had been fired from the plant two days earlier and returned for revenge, killing the three men and wounding two others with an M-1 carbine and a .380-caliber semiautomatic rifle in what was then Western North Carolina's worst case of workplace violence. Davis is white and his victims were white.

pjb61079

Any additional info?

My father, Tony Balogh, was one of James Davis' victims and I can't find any information anywhere as to whether or not an execution date has been set or where things stand. Is there any information that you can share about this?

Davis requested an execution date, but at the present time executions in North Carolina are on hold due to execution protocol requiring a medical doctor to be present at all executions. In 2007 the state medical board claimed MD participation in executions to be unethical and doctors would be punished if they participated. The NC Department of Corrections won a suit against the NC medical board, but in that time frame death row inmates filed suit over NC's execution protocol, and there has not been a ruling on that case.

pjb61079
    Anything new to report on this case?

Sorry. There's nothing to report as far as I know. If I were you, I'd try contacting the North Carolina Attorney General's Office since they're tasked with contesting his appeals.

Here's the contact page: http://www.ncdoj.gov/Home/ContactNCDOJ.aspx

Thread Information