Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Lee Hill, Jr. - Georgia Execution - January 27, 2015

Those media rags are usually anti-death penalty. Especially Ed Pilkington with The Guardian.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Ah yes the Guardian is a joke it went nuts over Troy davis when he had his ticket punched so badly that even it's readership told them to get over it.

I just looked it up: The UK abolished capital punishment a long time ago! Europe in general doesn`t have any capital punishment except Belarus with it`s dictator! Surprisingly even Russia abolished that! I didn`t expect that over fourty countries in Europe don`t stick to that!

Does anybody know here when SCOTUS decides on that case today?

It will be later today, most likely at the last minute.....again. They denied it last time, the 11th Circuit denied him, the LI protocol is no longer being questioned, and Hill has thus 'run out of ammo'. I have a strong feeling it will proceed as planned this time.

Miss Englander
    I have read about this guy and what I read does point in the direction of his being mentally ill, probably all his life.

We, society (here in the UK and elsewhere), fail children all the time .. then wonder why later on they grow up to addictions, comit crimes, or even kill.

Not in all cases I know, maybe not in most. Still I stand by what I say.

I understand your point Miss Englander but I think he knows what he did IQ 70 to 80 or not! And finally I shall tell you that this is a pro death penalty forum - I hope realized that!

I found a link of a newspaper which writes about this case:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...-stay-a/nYkNb/

Here`s another link:

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...eorgia/277566/

@All

What do you think? Will he go through this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I just looked it up: The UK abolished capital punishment a long time ago! Europe in general doesn`t have any capital punishment except Belarus with it`s dictator! Surprisingly even Russia abolished that! I didn`t expect that over fourty countries in Europe don`t stick to that!
    Here in Finland quite a few people would like to have the "Capital Punishment" reinstated including me.

The current Finnish criminal justice is a joke. Life in prison (technically only means 10-14 years) and you're back out on the street again after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    And finally I shall tell you that this is a pro death penalty forum - I hope [you] realized that!
    And I hadn't realised you'd been appointed a moderator.
    "I have adopted the Italian way of life... I may stab you!"
    — Heidi

"You make the British Lion seem like a declawed, toothless, neutered fat tabby with the mange."
    — Weidmann1939

"Maybe you think your being clever."
    — Weidmann1939

An IQ of 70 or below does not make one mentally ill. It makes one mentally retarded. In Georgia it is on the inmate to PROVE they are mentally retarded. Georgia has the strictest guidelines in the country for proving such. Georgia's guidelines have been upheld by the Supreme Court Of The United States.

Warren Lee Hill was able to hold a job, acquire a drivers license, pass the asvab test to join the United States Military. Warren Lee Hill is not mentally retarded!

The travesty isn't Georgia legally executing Warren Lee Hill. It is the media stating he is mentally ill.

Georgia inmate is scheduled to be executed tonight

A prisoner who has twice come within hours of death on Georgia’s death row is once again facing execution.

Warren Lee Hill, who was sentenced to death for the 1990 beating death of fellow inmate Joseph Handspike, is scheduled to be executed at the state prison in Jackson at 7 p.m. today.

Authorities said Hill bludgeoned Handspike with a nail-studded board while his victim slept.

Hill has come within hours of death twice in the past year before scheduled executions were halted by last-minute court orders.

Hill’s lawyers have long argued that Hill is mentally disabled and therefore should not be put to death because the execution of mentally disabled offenders is prohibited by state law and a 2002 U.S. Supreme Court decision.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2013/...cuted-tonight/

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information