Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Anthony Lucas - Georgia Execution - April 27, 2016

Boy 'o boy ..... If I was on that Parole Board, Lucas' representatives needn't bother pulling up a chair.

Senior Member Member GASMANDIRTY's Avatar
    Don't be surprised if he gets the board's attention. I think regardless of the evidence and court transcript, he will play the victim of Brandon Rhodes. Which I don't think will work but I feel his legal team will try it because they have nothing else to present in his defense. I think this execution will be delayed some.

Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Boy 'o boy ..... If I was on that Parole Board, Lucas' representatives needn't bother pulling up a chair.
    ... way too many rights for the guilty crims...

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GASMANDIRTY View Post
    Don't be surprised if he gets the board's attention. I think regardless of the evidence and court transcript, he will play the victim of Brandon Rhodes. Which I don't think will work but I feel his legal team will try it because they have nothing else to present in his defense. I think this execution will be delayed some.
    But it doesn't make sense to say that sense they were both armed and each kill one victim. How can he claim to have feared for his life if he had a firearm and thus the means to actually stop Rhodes.

Have you ever heard of the Patty Hurst defense. It's when one stated he was under the control of the other. The mastermind ring leader. His defense team is going to point the finger at Brandon Rhodes since he's not here to say otherwise. I don't think it will work but it's just a option to delay his date with that little needle. It's what attorneys do.

So Gas do you think the board will wait overnight like they did with Bishop or will they actually delay 90 days to consider everything? The whole argument sounds like smoke and mirrors and I don't see the GA board buying into it.

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    They did grant clemency to Tommy Waldrip for I believe that reason.

Senior Member Frequent Poster Shep3's Avatar
    Waldrip didn't kill the victim so that's the difference Lucas killed the father and boy. Patti only got away with the BS because of her family, sex, and money a poor cracker like Lucas has no chance.

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    Hopefully. The Parole Board just bought into the proportionality nonsense for whatever reason.

They might hold the decision over night. I'm sure he will be denied. Trust me I know these things.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information