Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lyndon Fitzgerald Pace - Georgia Death Row

Lyndon Fitzgerald Pace - Georgia Death Row

Lula Bell McAfee

Facts of the Crime:

Was sentenced to death in March 1996 in Fulton County. Pace committed a series of rapes and murders, mainly preying on elderly women from August 1988 through February 1989. He was convicted of killing Lula Bell McAfee, 86, Mattie Mae McLendon, 78, Johnnie Mae Martin, 79, and Annie Kate Britt, 42. He was also convicted of several burglaries during that time period.

On February 20, 2009, Pace filed a habeas petition in Federal District Court.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/geo...v00467/157225/

On February 29, 2016, Pace filed an appeal before the US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit over the apparent denial of his habeas petition in Federal District Court.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/ci.../ca11/16-10868

More info on Pace.

He almost claimed 2 more victims but these women managed to scare him off. On September 24th, 1992 Sara Grogan age 69, found an intruder in her house. She had time to get her gun and fired a shot at him and he fled. Fingerprints left at the scene showed that the intruder was Pace. Then less than a week later on September 30th, 1992 Sussie Sublett who was elderly and lived alone woke up to see a man stealing money from her purse. He threatened to shoot her and a scuffle ensued at then he fled. Fingerprints there also led to Pace. These crimes occurred at 3 am and 2 am respectively.

Pace also broke into the home of the late Martin Luther King's wife's house Coretta Scott King. He just robbed her and was face to face with her.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories...l#.VQNTWPnF9KA
    Last edited by Mike; 05-16-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

On June 22, 2020, oral arguments will be heard by the Eleventh Circuit.

http://www.ca11.uscourts.gov/sites/d...ace%283%29.pdf

Finally some movement on this guy...
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

I know the worst person on death row in Georgia

Senior Member Frequent Poster Ted's Avatar
    He’s like Carlton Gary 2.0
    Violence and death seem to be the only answers that some people understand.

I thought of Gary and he was definitely the worst prior to his execution. I'd say that title is a matter of contention now - Pace, Edenfield, Presnell and a couple others have strong claims to the title. That being said I want Presnell gone the most.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Georgia is set for another wave I keep saying that I feel it coming. I told you guys they were set for another wave when I first entered this site.
    All the remnants of their 90s Death row inmates which to my count is around 16 they should all be gone by the end of next year.
    Last edited by Neil; 05-27-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information