Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgil Delano Presnell, Jr. - Georgia Death Row

Senior Member Member GASMANDIRTY's Avatar
    Presnell will spend the rest of his life on Deathrow. The other longest serving Inmate on Georgia Deathrow was Jack Alderman. But he had no mental health issues before the courts. Alderman was executed September 16, 2008.
    Last edited by GASMANDIRTY; 10-19-2019 at 12:32 PM.

There's no reason Presnell can't be executed late next year or in 2021. With all due respect, I know you are a very reliable source, but you've been wrong before (such as thinking SCOTUS wouldn't stay Keith Tharpe or that SCOTUS wouldn't initially rule in favor of Marion Wilson).

A friend of mine provided me with an audio of oral arguments in this case. Presnell's arguments seem to hinge on fetal alcohol syndrome, which courts are not sympathetic to. In fact, the judges were demolishing Presnell's attorneys. They were NOT sympathetic to his appeal.

Lastly, this habeas petition was filed in 2007. Thus it is governed by AEDPA.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

In today's opinions, the 11th Circuit DENIED Presnell's appeal. The panel was made up of Tjoflat (Ford), Rosenbaum (Obama), and Ed Carnes (G. H. W. Bush).

https://cases.justia.com/federal/app...?ts=1600293640
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

He had the cursed panel too. WOW that must've been absolute trash in his appeal.

His appeal hinged on his mother drinking. If you want to listen to this argument you can hear it here.

https://www.ca11.uscourts.gov/content/17-14322-0
    Last edited by Mike; 09-16-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

The article is pure propaganda, but it does mention that the 11th Circuit denied Presnell's request for en banc rehearing back in December.

https://www.ajc.com/opinion/columnis...BXZMYOMHXP4PE/

Georgia should have a wave year this year. I wonder why they keep rescheduling Whatley’s cert? He’s not raising anything spectacular.

Same thing is happening with Ernest Johnson, and until recently that schlub Gutierrez
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

The longer it goes the better. It means cert has likely been denied and Someone is writing a dissent. I'm sure Sotomayor is writing a long-winded, circumlocutory dissent bemoaning the inhumanity of executing a man who slaughtered three innocent people with a hammer and screwdriver to fund his drug addiction. Luckily, the libs can't even grant cert unilaterally now thanks to that 6-3 majority.

Senior Member Member GASMANDIRTY's Avatar
    Georgia probably won't get started until late February or early March. It probably be Nance followed by Raulerson.

Raulerson will go first. Nance filed a successive appeal to the Eleventh Circuit which was denied in December. He’s filed for En Banc Rehearing which is pending. Then he was to go through SCOTUS again
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information