Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgil Delano Presnell, Jr. - Georgia Death Row

Clemency petition can be found here:

https://pap.georgia.gov/press-releas...il-presnell-jr

Many of the arguments are downright infuriating, for instance that “Virgil was always clear that he did not mean to harm either girl. The effect on them of being kidnapped was beyond his understanding. He thought that they would have an enjoyable time.” (Quote excerpted from following article)

https://www.koamnewsnow.com/i/lawyer...uld-be-spared/

If one wants a good laugh, on the other hand, the petition also states that early in his tenure on death row, guards took him on a tour, showed him the electric chair and told him he would die in it for being a pedophile before kicking him in the crotch.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Yes the petition is full of bs but reading the whole thing honestly has me worried. Before you call me paranoid, remember that Jimmy Meders was granted clemency because “his crime wouldn’t have received the death penalty in this day and age.”, despite the fact that there are people still being condemned for the exact type of crime Meders committed
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

I thought of that too, especially in regard to Meders who also would have gotten LWOP by the jurors' admission had it been available.

But Meders pales in comparison to this. There's no doubt Presnell is a pedophile who brutally raped a child and brutally murdered one. Meders, on the other hand, was a robbery case with a very unclear amount of guilt. The fact that his cohorts weren't charged is hokey and he very well may have been framed or at the very least left holding the bag while the others got away.

At any rate I certainly think there's much more reason to believe he'll get a stay over the agreement issue.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Senior Member Member
    i guess i am a really dirty bad person. i think that murderers need execution, and pedophiles need really slow executions. but i am a survivor.

Senior Member Member GASMANDIRTY's Avatar
    This means that Georgia will set another record this year.1 down 9 to go.

Assuming the issue in state court doesn't lead to a stay...

Presnell has apparently been granted an injunction.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Yes. It is unclear if the state is going to appeal to the Georgia Supreme Court at this time. The judge certainly seems more favorable to inmates than the GA Supreme Court Justices are.

Also worth noting this was in Fulton County rather than the county of conviction (Cobb) or the county of the prison (Butts). This was a clear case of judge-shopping and that alone could potentially be grounds for reversal if the state appeals.

Edit: The state is appealing

Senior Member Member GASMANDIRTY's Avatar
    The state will appeal and if the judge rule against the state. Georgia will go to the 11th circuit and win. I think this one will go through.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information