Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thomas Edwin Loden, Jr. - Mississippi Execution - December 14, 2022

Loden was pronounced dead at 6:12 PM.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Well that was fast.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Junior Member Stranger
    I don't believe Christians should celebrate the execution of another human being. I believe that the government has an obligation to God and the rest of us to rid society of evil. I try not to get too excited about the death of another convicted killer, but this one made me want to celebrate. This son of a bitch was a disgrace and a blot on the honor of the Marine Corps.
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder is just the clinical term used to describe an individual who is nothing more than an asshole.

Member Newbie
    He has paid the appropriate price for the heinous crimes he committed. Good riddance.

Senior Member CnCP Legend
    Article

December 15, 2022

Mississippi executes inmate Thomas Loden Jr., who raped and killed teenage girl

By Allie Griffin
    The New York Post

A man who confessed to brutally raping and killing a teenage girl stranded on the side of a Mississippi road more than two decades ago was executed by the state Wednesday.

Thomas Edwin Loden Jr., 58, became the second inmate executed in the state in 10 years when he was pronounced dead at 6:12 p.m. after he was injected with a lethal cocktail of drugs at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman.

Loden pleaded guilty to capital murder, rape and four counts of sexual battery for the slaughter of 16-year-old Leesa Marie Gray in June 2000. He had been on death row since 2011 when he entered the guilty plea.

Loden, a former US Marines Corps recruiter, said he was “deeply remorseful” for murdering Gray, who was soon to be a senior in high school.

The teen was on her way home from her waitressing shift at her uncle’s restaurant on the night of June 22, 2000 when she got a flat tire. Loden spotted her on the side of the road and stopped his car, apparently offering to help.

“Don’t worry,” Loden reportedly told Gray. “I’m a Marine. We do this kind of stuff.”

But instead of helping the girl, he ordered her into his van after he got angry when she allegedly said she’d never want to be a Marine, he said.

Loden sexually assaulted Gray for a horrific four hours into the early morning before he strangled and suffocated her to death, he told investigators.

The next day, Loden was found “lying by the side of a road with the words ‘I’m sorry’ carved into his chest and apparent self-inflicted lacerations on his wrists,” according to court records.

The convicted killer said he knew he could never take back the heartbreak he caused by killing the teenager in his final words Wednesday.

“For the past 20 years, I’ve tried to do a good deed every single day to make up for the life I took from this world,” he said. “I know these are mere words and cannot erase the damage I did. If today brings you nothing else, I hope you get peace and closure.”

Loden, who was dressed in a red prison jumpsuit and was covered by a white sheet and restrained on a gurney, concluded by saying “I love you” in Japanese, officials said.

Gray’s mother, Wanda Farris, attended the execution. She said she forgave Loden years ago, but believes in the death penalty.

“I don’t particularly want to see somebody die,” she said. “But I do believe in the death penalty. … I do believe in justice.”

Farris said her daughter was a “happy-go-lucky” teenager who was always smiling and wanted to become an elementary school teacher.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....nage-girl/amp/
    Last edited by Steven; 03-12-2023 at 09:09 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information