Thread: Timothy Lee DePriest - California Death Row

Timothy Lee DePriest - California Death Row

Timothy Lee DePriest

Summary of Offense:

Timothy Lee DePriest kidnapped Hong Thi Nguyen, 23, of Garden Grove on December 17, 1989, and shot her to death when she resisted his efforts to rape her. Prosecutors argued that DePriest grabbed Nguyen out of her car as she left work, tried to rape her, then shot her and left her half-naked body near a trash bin.

DePriest was sentenced to death in Orange County on May 27, 1994.

On September 17, 2007, DePriest filed a habeas petition in Federal District Court.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cal...v06025/396529/

Sandman
    A few years ago I was contacted by an investigator for the defence and appeals regarding DePriest, I raised his biological son, and they wished to use the boy's behavioral problems as a possible method / reason for appeal or leniency. She wished for me to give them access to his childhood medical records, to prove that DePriest may have had mental issues that kept him from being responsible for his actions or some such nonsense. She also wanted to talk to my parents who helped raise him regarding these same issues. She was given no information and told that in no-way would any information regarding my son < I raised him > be used to assist in any appeals. Have done more research on this creep and learned of his assaults and rapes of women in the Twenty-Nine Palms area while he was stationed there in the Marines Corps.

Welcome to the site Sandman. Thanks for the post.

Good for you, for not sharing the information.

Thread Information