Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pervis Tyrone Payne - Tennessee

April 9 is when the reprieve ends, after which a new date will be set
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

They really aren't going to do another one of these are they? What a shame.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Payne is scheduled to die December 3

Tennessee Department of Corrections to resume executions

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) – The state of Tennessee is resuming executions following a brief hiatus due to COVID-19.

News4 received notice that TDOC is now accepting applications from recognized Tennessee news organizations to serve as “statutorily required witnesses for the scheduled execution of death row inmate Pervis Payne #00121163.”

The execution is scheduled to take place on December 3, 2020 at 7PM Central time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsm...5c2e7.amp.html
    Last edited by Bobsicles; 12-01-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

This article is old this is before Lee granted the reprieve to Payne.

Oh ok

That article is dated Nov. 03, 2020
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

I see that now. Sorry for the accidental mistake

Unknown male DNA discovered in death penalty case for Tenn. inmate Pervis Payne

TENNESSEE (WMC) - During Tuesday’s court hearing, it was revealed that another man’s DNA was found on a knife handle at the scene. In regards to the knife, Attorney Kelley Henry told the judge, “There is male DNA on the handle that is unidentified.”

The prosecution attornery told the judge other evidence did not clear Payne. “It certainly does not exculpate Payne on guilt or punishment.”

Payne was scheduled to die by lethal injection on December 3. Not only was his execution delayed by the Governor, but in September last year, a judge ruled that DNA evidence can be tested in Payne’s case.

Payne was convicted in the 1987 stabbing deaths in Millington of Charisse Christopher and her 2-year-old daughter, Lacie. Her 3-year-old son was also stabbed but survived. DNA testing did not exist at the time of Payne’s trial.

This will be the first time DNA from the crime scene will be tested. Payne’s public defender, Kelly Henry, said some of Payne’s DNA likely will be found at the crime scene because he said he cut his finger after pulling the knife from Lacie’s neck.

Payne’s attorneys have also said he has an intellectual disability and claim executing him would be unconstitutional.

In December when Lee postponed Payne’s execution, he released a statement that said, “I am granting Pervis Payne a temporary reprieve from execution until April 9, 2021, due to the challenges and disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.”

The governor did not comment on the pending DNA testing or Payne’s disability.

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2021/...-pervis-payne/
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

So Payne had an accomplice then

Senior Member Frequent Poster Fact's Avatar
    Or a cop/crime scene tech handled the knife with his bare hands

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information