Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Carey Dean Moore - Nebraska Execution - August 14, 2018

Video: News conference after execution of Carey Dean Moore

An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Well, Nebraska and Tennessee used new drug protocols in their first executions in 21 and 9 years respectively. No problems so I am sure the antis are frustrated beyond words.

Yeah, this protocol worked great. That can make it harder for other Nebraska inmates to get stays with a proven protocol, especially since the 8th Circuit and SCOTUS are both hostile to LI claims.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Carey Dean Moore's brother, niece tell of his last hours

Carey Dean Moore and his twin, David, shared slices of Pizza Hut pizza — bacon, beef, cheese and mushroom — and Pepsi as a last meal Monday night. They ate strawberry cheesecake for dessert.

David Moore said he was a little surprised when Nebraska State Penitentiary Warden Michele Capps brought it in. He didn't expect she would do that for someone like his brother, who was condemned to die for the 1979 killings in Omaha of Reuel Van Ness Jr. and Maynard Helgeland.

In fact, David Moore said, he was impressed by all the prison staff.

Before they ate around 8:30 p.m., Carey Dean Moore, who was executed in the state's first lethal injection the next morning, said a prayer.

"He was very thankful that God was calling him home," David Moore said after the execution on Tuesday. "He was at peace."

He said his brother, his spiritual adviser, Bob, and his friend John all were talking about religious stories.

Carey Dean Moore became a religious man in his 38 years on death row.

"He wanted this very much to happen," his brother said.

Moore, 60, had been given seven execution dates before this one. All were stayed over appeals or action in other death-row cases. So when a German drug company, Fresenius Kabi, filed a lawsuit a week before the latest sentence was to be carried out, it wasn't a shock, David Moore said.

"I don't hold anything against them," he said.

They want their drugs to be known as life-saving, not associated with the death penalty, he said. But if their drug made it possible for his brother to be "done in," he's grateful to them.

Early Tuesday morning, around 4, David Moore and his daughter, Taylor Moore, pulled into the prison parking lot, long before the scores of media and the dozen or so protesters would arrive for the 10 a.m. execution.

David Moore said he had gotten a couple hours of sleep; his daughter said she didn't get any.

Taylor Moore said her uncle named her when her parents couldn't pick a name. Her middle name is Kari — after him — just spelled differently.

"I'm super close to my uncle and even though it is sad that he did die, I'm happy that he finally has peace and can rest," she said.

Taylor Moore said she accepted a long time ago that he was going to die for what he did. She wants his victims' families to know how sorry she is for them.

On Tuesday, she told her uncle she'll miss him and love him forever.

The twins hugged.

"We don't need to talk sometimes," David Moore said.

Then, he and his daughter went into a little room, partitioned off from four media witnesses, and waited.

The next time they would see Carey Dean Moore, he was lying on a table, the IV lines in.

"He looked at us, he said 'I love you,' and then he closed his eyes," David Moore said. "From what I'd seen, there was no pain whatsoever."

Carey Dean Moore was pronounced dead at 10:47 a.m.

The family plans a wake on Saturday. His body will be cremated. David Moore also wants to be cremated and their ashes will be combined and scattered together.

https://journalstar.com/news/state-a...10a54cbed.html
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Moore was executed on the 10th anniversary of Michael Rodriguez’s execution
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information