Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholas Todd Sutton - Tennessee Execution - February 20, 2020

Senior Member CnCP Addict johncocacola's Avatar
    The consensus among the five conservative justices seems to be that since the death penalty is constitutional, there must be a way to carry it out using any lethal injection drug. Why not apply that to the electric chair?

Yes I agree with that given the way Kavanaugh had signaled he would agree with the trump administration on federal executions if the case went back to them and it most certainly will, Trump needs someone like Clarence Thomas to solidify the death penalty survives. Later on, that conservative majority can destroy Ring, Atikins, etc. Kennedy was the main reason the death penalty was driven to life support.

Quote Originally Posted by Thakker View Post
    Probably not I am glad though, he’s getting a more gruesome death. After 32 years on death row, he deserves to die a more painful death. Lethal injection would’ve been too easy.
    In all honesty the chair is probably less painful than lethal injection with midazolam.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

How unfortunate! I really wanted him to suffer he got 32 more years! Oh well at least he’s not 78. It bummed me out with Ron Lafferty that he wasn’t executed by firing squad. Robert Dunham also aggravated me when he said he was glad that guy didn’t get the squad. I can’t stand Robert Dunham he is so anti and a freaking liar it aggravates me. Richard Dieter seemed more civil but he’s no longer the executive director of DPIC. I have more respect for him than Dunham. Dunham will attack anyone who’s pro death penalty.
    Last edited by Neil; 01-22-2020 at 11:42 PM.

Nicholas Sutton v. Tony Parker

In today's opinions, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals AFFIRMED the district court's DENIAL of Sutton's Eighth Amendment lethal injection claim.
    An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Senior Member Member
    I am sorry, my comment didn't post. what about Christ pike and that blanche woman. What is taking so long to carry those sentences out? one killed family members to get money. the other one killed somebody out of jealousy then took a part of the body to school for show and tell! come on! stick t to them already!

@Madeline, Christa Pike is eligible for execution whenever her death warrant is signed. Blanche Moore if you are referring too, is on North Carolina Death Row. Pike could be executed sometime in the very near future.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Pike isn't done her appeals. Blanche not only isn't done her appeals, she is located in a state that will never have another execution.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

@Mike, Christa Pike 6th Circuit denied COA on 8/22/19.
    "How do you get drunk on death row?" - Werner Herzog

"When we get fruit, we get the juice and water. I ferment for a week! It tastes like chalk, it's nasty" - Blaine Keith Milam #999558 Texas Death Row

Ryan you should know that Circuit isn't the end by now.
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information