Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Allen Browning - Oklahoma

robemcdo
    Quote Originally Posted by onewhoknows View Post
    I wonder about the validity of Cenessa's story. If Michael went to her home to kill her, why did she come out of it with a flesh wound? They were careful to make sure that the aunt and uncle were dead, or would die, but something about this whole thing smells fishy. Was Cenessa in it for the insurance money, promising a portion to Michael and Joel? If I were going there to kill her..she would be the first person I would make sure was dead. Sloppy job? I don't think so. I beleive all the bases were not covered. I encourage counter points.:disturbed:
    Not a chance in hell it was Browning. 100% his girlfriend...Probably not even his child..

It appears Browning has accepted a plea deal and has been resentenced. If someone could post the article from the link below it would be appreciated. I can't access it as I'm from the EU.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tul...a162d.amp.html
    Last edited by JLR; 01-28-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Man who avoided death penalty in 2001 Glenpool double murder accepts plea deal for 25 years

By Kelsey Schlotthauer
    Tulsa World

Michael Browning, a man who avoided the death penalty in a 2001 Glenpool double-murder case after a federal appeals court overturned his conviction a decade later, accepted a plea deal from the Tulsa County District Attorney’s Office on Monday.

Browning was sentenced to 25 years in the Oklahoma Department of Corrections with credit for time served since February 2001 after entering no contest pleas to two counts of second-degree murder and one count of shooting with intent to kill, according to online court records.

Browning was on death row after being convicted of two counts of first-degree murder and one count of shooting with intent to kill at a 2003 jury trial, but the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned his convictions in May 2013.

Three counts of robbery with a firearm against Browning and his co-defendant, Joel Pethal, were dismissed in the years following their 2003 convictions.

Harry Hye, 64; his wife, Teresa Hye, 42; and their niece, Cenessa Tackett, then 21, were bound and shot during an early-morning robbery on Feb. 18, 2001, before their rural Glenpool home was set on fire with them inside.

Tackett, who was then pregnant with a child she said was Browning’s, escaped and survived, becoming a key witness in the case. She later gave birth to a son.

Pethal pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree murder and one count each of shooting with intent to kill and first-degree arson, and he was sentenced to life without parole in 2003. Now 43, he recently lost an appeal.

Following Browning’s successful 2013 appeal, a 2018 retrial resulted in a hung jury.

On Monday, prosecutors deemed it necessary to extend Browning a plea offer “based upon evidentiary issues,” the Tulsa County District Attorney’s Office said in a news release.

“There are no words that can describe the pain felt by the victim’s family; however, we hope that today’s sentence provides a measure of closure for this unspeakable murder,” the release states.

Browning, soon to be 44, has spent more than six years in the Tulsa County jail waiting for a resolution to his case, and he remained there Wednesday night awaiting transfer to Department of Corrections custody.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...76a4a162d.html
    "I realize this may sound harsh, but as a father and former lawman, I really don't care if it's by lethal injection, by the electric chair, firing squad, hanging, the guillotine or being fed to the lions."
    - Oklahoma Rep. Mike Christian

"There are some people who just do not deserve to live,"
    - Rev. Richard Hawke

“There are lots of extremely smug and self-satisfied people in what would be deemed lower down in society, who also deserve to be pulled up. In a proper free society, you should be allowed to make jokes about absolutely anything.”
    - Rowan Atkinson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information