View Poll Results: Is Richard Glossip Innocent of the Murder of Barry Van Treese?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

10 62.50%
  • Yes

6 37.50%
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Eugene Glossip - Oklahoma Execution - Stayed

And there it is. Good job electing this clown, Oklahoma. I guess two OCCA rulings aren't good enough.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

It’s not surprising Aaron look at how weak Stitt is on crime. This isn’t the Oklahoma of the 2000s. Them “struggling” to conduct one execution a month is pretty pathetic considering in the 2000s they used to conduct one within days of each other.

Senior Member CnCP Legend Mastro Titta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    And there it is. Good job electing this clown, Oklahoma. I guess two OCCA rulings aren't good enough.
    Let me be the devil's advocate for a minute.

We all know that, sic stantibus rebus, the likelihood of the Board of Pardons and Parole recommending clemency for Glossip is maximum, and it's pretty clear that Kevin Stitt - not properly a lionheart - will not oppose such a recommendation.

The entire clemency petition penned by Glossip's entourage will be centered around his "innocence", but if an independent counsel, not directly working for the State, declares that, beyond any reasonable doubt, the mount of the evidence points towards his guilt, the Board will be far more likely to deny clemency.

In his message, Drummond says that he spoke with the Van Treese family before going this way, so maybe this is the strategy.
    Last edited by Mastro Titta; 01-27-2023 at 06:16 AM.

Distributed for conference February 17, 2023.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/22-6500.html
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Distributed for conference March 17th, 2023.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....c/22-6500.html

Glossip's Execution date has been "postponed" again and he has been given an obvious Administrative date for 2024, this is not a serious execution warrant.

Oklahoma's new attorney general on Monday asked for another delay in death row inmate Richard Glossip's execution − until August 2024.

By Nolan Clay
    The Oklahoman

Oklahoma's new attorney general on Monday asked for another delay in death row inmate Richard Glossip's execution − until August 2024.

Glossip now is set to be executed May 18 at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester.

Attorney General Gentner Drummond made the request as Glossip filed another new challenge to his conviction.

The latest challenge came after Glossip's attorneys were given access on Jan. 27 to prosecutors' notes "in the interest of full disclosure."

The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals is expected to grant the delay.

Glossip has become the state's most high-profile death row inmate because of the wide support for his innocence claim. Among his most outspoken supporters are conservative Republican legislators.

He also is high profile because of a twist of fate. His 2015 lethal injection was called off after a doctor realized the wrong heart-stopping drug had been delivered.

At the AG's request, the Court of Criminal Appeals already has pushed back Glossip's execution date once this year − from February to May.

Judges on Jan. 24 reset execution dates for Glossip and six other inmates after Drummond told them "the current pace of executions is unsustainable in the long run."

Drummond asked the court to give the Oklahoma Department of Corrections 60 days between executions rather than 30 "to alleviate the burden on DOC personnel."

The attorney general on Jan. 26 announced that he had hired a former district attorney to look into Glossip's innocence claim.

“Circumstances surrounding this case necessitate a thorough review," he said in a news release. "While I am confident in our judicial system, that does not allow me to ignore evidence."

In his request Monday, Drummond told the Court of Criminal Appeals the independent investigation is ongoing.

Glossip, 60, claims he was framed for the murder of his boss, Oklahoma City motel owner Barry Van Treese. The Court of Criminal Appeals in November rejected two new challenges to his conviction.

His boss was found beaten to death in Room 102 of his motel, the Best Budget Inn, on Jan. 7, 1997. Van Treese was 54 and lived in Lawton.

A motel maintenance man, Justin Sneed, confessed to killing Van Treese with a baseball bat. He said Glossip pressured him into doing it and offered him $10,000 as payment. He testified against Glossip at two trials.

Glossip's attorneys claim Sneed actually killed the motel owner during a botched robbery for drug money. They claim he framed Glossip to avoid getting the death penalty himself.

They claim Sneed, a meth addict, made admissions in jail and later in prison about framing Glossip and also has talked of recanting his testimony.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...y/70054244007/
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Oklahoma AG Drummond has filed a brief asking the Oklahoma Supreme Court to overturn Richard Glossip's conviction. Frankly, I do not understand why the Van Treese family keeps staying silent.

FtDaCKJWwAI4ZEk.jpg

They probably know it will be no use. The Howell family was very vocal but Julius Jones won in the end.
    Thank you for the adventure - Axol

Tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn’t even matter - Linkin Park

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever. - Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt

I’m going to the ghost McDonalds - Garcello

Yeah. I knew when Jones wormed his way out of it and when the parole board started recommending clemency left and right because "He's sorry He's a good boy" that Glossip had won. They should have just executed him with the wrong drug back in 2015.
    Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next products.

"They will hurt you. They will hurt your grandma, these people. The root cause of this is there's no discipline in the homes, they don't go to school, you know, they live off the government, no personal accountability, and they just beat people up for no reason, and it's disgusting." - Former Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters

Court rejects AG's request to overturn Glossip's murder conviction; execution date set

By Nolan Clay
    The Oklahoman

Death row inmate Richard Glossip lost another challenge to his conviction even after Oklahoma's new attorney general agreed that his murder conviction should be overturned.

The Oklahoma Court of Appeals on Thursday concluded 5-0 that Glossip is not entitled to relief.

Judges also refused to delay his execution any further.

Glossip is now set to be put to death by lethal injection on May 18 at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester for the 1997 murder of his boss.

Glossip, 60, has always maintained he is innocent. His attorneys in March raised a new challenge to his conviction and asked for a stay of his execution.

Attorney General Gentner Drummond at that time asked the court to reset the execution to August 2024.

Then, on April 6, the attorney general asked the court to set aside the conviction.

He told judges that would be a fair and just result because the key witness, Justin Sneed, made material misstatements to the jury at a 2004 retrial "regarding his psychiatric treatment."

"The State has reached the difficult conclusion that justice requires setting aside Glossip's conviction and remanding the case to the district court," Drummond told the court in a seven-page filing.

More: First prison wife of death row inmate Richard Glossip says he 'used me for financial gain'

Drummond made clear in the filing that he is not suggesting Glossip is innocent.

"The State continues to believe that Glossip has culpability in the murder of Barry Van Treese," he told the appeals court.

Glossip's attorneys made their latest challenge came after getting full access to prosecutors' notes from the case.

Eight inmates have been executed in Oklahoma since lethal injections resumed in 2021 after a six-year moratorium.

Glossip could still avoid execution if Gov. Kevin Stitt grants him clemency or the U.S. Supreme Court intervenes.

The governor cannot consider clemency, however, unless the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board recommends it. The parole board is set to meet Wednesday morning.

The independent counsel, Rex Duncan, wrote in his 19-page report that there was a "decades-long failure" in the case.

Duncan was district attorney of Osage and Pawnee counties from 2011 to 2019. He was in the state House of Representatives before that for six years.

He also wrote: "If this murder was deserving of the death penalty, I believe the wrong co-defendant is on death row."

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...s/70133182007/
    "There is a point in the history of a society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that among other things it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, and does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it, and it is certain that imagining ‘punishment’ and ‘being supposed to punish’ hurts it, arouses fear in it." Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread Information